Chapter 21

"Well isn't this interesting."

Natsu growled as he slowly turned from Lucy to face the voice behind him.

He wasn't surprised when his onyx orbs met with dark blue ones.

"How the hell did you get in here?"

Sting just chuckled lowly as he raised his gun so it was aimed for Natsu's head. The pink head tensed up slightly. His hands had balled into fists and his knuckles were beginning to turn white.

He was pissed.

"You've got balls showing your face here."

Sting tossed his black hood off of his head, revealing all of his spiky blonde hair.

"I thought I warned you to leave her alone. Or did you forget that talk we had all those years ago?"

"Get the hell out Sting." Natsu said dangerously.

He chuckled again.

"You know I can't do that. She's coming with me whether you like it or not."

"I'm not letting that happen."

With that said Sting placed his finger on the trigger of his glock, his eyes tightened on Natsu who stood only a few inches away.

Natsu's heart was pounding loudly in his chest. But he didn't care. All he was worried about in this moment was Lucy. She was right behind him and still sound asleep. His glare was unwavering as he stared back at Sting.

He was waiting.

Waiting for the moment when Sting believed he had won, and then he would attack.

Because he wasn't dying.

Not today.

"Nice knowing you Dragneel."

Stings smiled from ear to ear as his finger began to pull back the trigger.

*BANG*

The shot had gone through the ceiling.

Dark blue orbs widened at the steaming gun shot that had gone through the roof. Stings eyes then looked horrified as they meet with a sharp canine smirk.

Lucky for Natsu's speed he was able to move out of the aim of the gun and latch onto Stings wrist with a few seconds to spare. It was a reckless plan but it worked.

Natsu's hand was gripped firmly on Sting's wrist as it was held up to the roof.

"Y-you were just.."

The pink head bent back Sting's wrist causing him to loosen his grip on the weapon. In a second Natsu snatched the gun so it was now in his own grasp and aimed it directly at Sting.

"Get the fuck out or I will shoot you." The tone in Natsu's voice was deadly.

His grip tightened around the weapon as his sharp onyx eyes locked into Stings figure. He was ready to pull the trigger now and get rid of him for good.

Then he froze at the sound of shuffling.

"S-Sting?"

Shit.

Lucy sat up frantically in her bed. Her chocolate eyes wide with horror at the scene.

Natsu stood a few inches in front of her next to the bed holding a gun that was aimed for Sting.

Totally what she was expecting to wake up to.

"What the hell are you doing here?!" She screamed.

Sting's eyes darted from hers to Natsu's.

"Princess I can explain-"

"He was trying to kidnap you." Natsu said bluntly.

"What?!" Lucy shouted again.

Sting glared at Natsu who was still glaring at him. His grip on the gun was unwavering as he stood protectively next to Lucy.

"Get the fuck out of here." Natsu said again.

"Look man, I already told you I can't do that."

Natsu shot at the wall right next to Sting's head.

"What the hell?!" Lucy and Sting both shouted in unison, they were glaring at Natsu.

After all, Lucy was just renting out the apartment. How was she going to explain all the bullet holes to her land lord?

"Next time I won't miss."

That comment made Sting angrier. His dark blue eyes turned into slits as he spoke dangerously.

"You can't protect her forever! Sooner or later she'll get taken by them and then it'll all be over."

Another gun shot went off.

And a painful scream.

"Natsu?!" Lucy screamed as she saw Stings fallen form on the floor.

"What the fuck man?!" Sting cried as he held his bloody knee.

Natsu just stared intensely. He thought Sting looked absolutely pathetic. There wasn't an ounce of sympathy he felt.

"I told your sorry ass to get out." He stated as he took a few steps closer, "And then you fucked up, because Ill kill everyone before you or any one of your dirty thug buddies gets to lay a finger on her."

Sting tried his best to glare back at Natsu but the burning pain shooting through his leg made it difficult.

The pink head took out his phone and dialed a number.

"I got him over at Lucy's place. I need you to come pick him up and interrogate him at headquarters."