Chapter 17

"I love him!"

All the boys had wide eyes when they overheard Lucy through their ear pieces.

Gajeel's low static chuckles could be heard through everyone's ear pieces.

"How you doing there Natsu?" Loke's grin could practically be heard through the ear pieces.

"Well, what are you gonna do now Flame Brain?" Gray smiled.

There was a long pause after all there comments were done..

"You guys really need to learn how to shut the fuck up."

*
*
*
*
*

Sting and Lucy were currently glaring at each other in the weirdest position ever. Their elegant dancing form hadn't yet faltered but their arguement had caught the attention of some other guests. Fortunately, the two were to busy arguing to notice.

"Don't be stupid Lucy." Sting said sourly. "An idiot like Natsu-"

"Don't call him an idiot." She warned dangerously.

"Why the hell are you defending him? Do you honestly think that if he were rich and you were some poor little nobody he would love you back?" Sting pulled her closer to him so their eyes were forced to meet.

"You don't even know him as well as I do."

"What did he do when he discovered our engagement Lucy?" He asked.

She felt her body tense up, her chest felt tight and there was a strong burning sensation in her throat.

"Nothing." Sting brought his face closer to hers.

"And then he left you behind for his ex."

A tear slid down the side of her porcelain cheek. She felt scared and embarrassed knowing Natsu was listening right now. She wanted to run. She tugged strongly against Stings hold on her but it was in vain.

"And then you decided to skip town as soon as you found out."

It wasn't true. She knew she had been beyond heartbroken. If any one remembered that time clearly it was Lucy.

"I left because I didn't want to marry you." She shot back angrily.

His eyes narrowed on her and he tugged her yet again. Her chin was pressed against hi shoulder and his face was on the side of hers. She couldn't tell what his facial expression was but by the tone in his voice she knew he had a sick smile on his face.

*
*
*

"You'll die before you even get the chance to see him again."

"Natsu go get her now."

*
*
*

Lucy's heart stopped. She looked at the others around them in hope that they had heard what she just did.

"Is that a threat?" She asked as she kept her gaze on the dance floorsdsddsss before her.

"Think of it more as a premonition." He smirked.

Lucy felt her blood run cold as the overwhelming feeling of fear filled all of her senses.

"Hey baby"