Chapter 22

As Natsu sat the bed next to Lucy he felt her small hand grip his.

"H-how long was he in here?" She whispered shakily.

"When I got here to drop you off he was already inside. So I couldn't say." He stated calmly.

However, that comment made Lucy terrified. She had never given out her address to anyone. Not since she had moved into the city, and the only exception had been Natsu.

She got off the bed hesitantly and walked towards Sting. Onyx orbs watched her cautiously as she approached the intruder.

"How did you find my address?" She asked seriously.

He didn't say anything, but she knew he heard her. His breathing was heavy but he wasn't dying.

"Answer me." She raised her voice.

He looked up at her drowsily, "I didn't find it. He did."

Natsu's body tensed up. Lucy stared at him in confusion. Who was he? And how the hell did they know where she lived?

In the few seconds it took her brain to process she could only come up with one solution.

She was being watched.

"Who is he?" She asked more intensely.

Before Sting could answer he lost all consciousness. Lucy grabbed him by the shirt and began shaking him fearfully. She had to know who was giving out her address. What if other people had it? Would other people be waiting to kidnap her in her sleep?

Even though she knew she was scared, she was determined to get to the bottom of this. But Sting's lack of consciousness made it difficult for her to get closer to discovering any answers.

"Damnit." She cursed loudly.

She released Sting's passed out body causing it to smack against the wall. The young woman began to pace across the room frantically with her fingers tangled in her now fallen bun.

Natsu got up to comfort her but was interrupted by a faint knocking sound.

"That must be Gajeel." He stated as he walked past Lucy.

Then he felt a strong grip on his wrist.

"Your coming back right?"

The way Lucy's hair was fallen all around her face, the way her big chocolate eyes were boring into his.

She looked so scared.

"Of course." Natsu whispered as he pulled her into a tight hug.

She sighed into the warmth radiating off of his bare neck. Her body just melted into his. It felt right.

Lucy felt safe.

Even though Sting's now semi conscious body was still a few feet away from them.

Natsu released her slowly and made direct eye contact with her.

"Go wash up. Me and Gajeel will take care of this."

Lucy nodded silently as her gaze flickered from Sting's body back to Natsu's eyes.

The pink head watched as she sluggishly walked into her bathroom and closed the door. He then walked out of the room to answer the door.

"Where is he?" Gajeel's deep voice rumbled.

Natsu nodded in the direction of Lucy's bedroom. The giant man grunted at the sight of the unconscious blonde on the floor.

"How the hell did he even get in?"

Natsu shrugged his shoulders, "I don't fucking know. The door didn't seemed tampered with though."

Gajeel grunted again before he easily lifted Sting by the back of his hoodie.

"I'll drop him off in a cell at headquarters and question him tomorrow."

Natsu nodded in agreement. He followed Gajeel out of Lucy's apartment and to a black Cadillac. It was an undercover car that belonged to the Fairytail Agency. The back of the car and front were divided by a cage like screen like a police car would have. Gajeel carelessly tossed Stings body in the back seat before closing the door back to lean against it.

He tensely stared at Natsu, who's face had a troubled look as well. On the inside he was silently beating himself up for being careless in protecting Lucy.

Now he knew she really wasn't safe anywhere. Neither was he.

"Your gonna have to get her out of town now." The tall man grunted.

The pink head sighed as he ran his fingers through his spikes pink locks.

"Yea I know. Once he finds out Sting is in custody all his men will be out searching for her."

Both men stayed quiet as they thought about the current situation. It was now completely obvious that Lucy was the main target, and her safety was officially their top priority. The mission was like a train speeding along a set of tracks. It couldn't stop for anyone that was standing in the middle of the railroad.

"Don't worry, I'll get all the information this little pea brain has on Tartaros."

And soon enough it would reach its final destination.

"Then we will be able to take out Zeref."