You Call Him Gustavo, I Call Him Dad [1]

"Here take this one!" My mom said handing me a white two piece bathing suit. "Ohh lala!" She said shaking it in my face. "Ok mom" I said grabbing the suit. "You'll do fine with him!" She said referring to me having to live with my Dad for the rest of high school. "I guess." I said putting my pajamas in the bag too. "You'll get to meet big time rush!" She said sitting on my bed. I zipped up my bag. I smiled slightly. "And I'll spend time with a temperamental man!" I exclaimed sitting next to my mom. "That MAN is your father Julie." She said softly.

Just then we heard a honk. "Dad." We said at the same time. "Have fun sweetie." My mom said hugging me tightly. I grabbed my big bright blue suitcase and my carry on. "Hurry up Julie we don't want to be late!" He yelled grabbing my bags. "Ellen." He said flatly. "Gustavo." She said crossing her arms over her chest. "Let's go we don't want to be late!" I said tugging on my dad's jacket. "Bye sweetie." She said hugging me for the last time. I sat in the front seat of the car waiting to for my Dad. I could here my mom and dad arguing. I sighed thinking of the day my mom and dad split.

Past:

"You are not taking my child away!" Yelled my father. "Fine we settle this like grownups," Said my mom, "Go to court." She said phoning her lawyer. He grumbled something unintelligent before slamming the front door. Me as a four year old wouldn't know much so I ask. "Mommy why did Daddy leave?" I asked tugging on her sun dress. "Not now Jewls go play with your dollies." She said walking up stairs.

Present:

I heard the door open and close. I looked to my left to see my Dad in the driver seat. That's why my Mom and Dad don't like each other because my Mom won the custody papers. "Ready?" He asked. "Yep." I said. He glanced at me. "Where's your jacket?" He asked looking at the road. "Dad I'm going to LA it's hot over there!" I exclaimed looking out the window. "Those dogs will drool over you!" He said going into full on dad protective mode. I rolled my eyes and sighed looking out the window again. "No they won't." I whispered.

Little did I know I was wrong.