You Call Him Gustavo, I Call Him Dad [16]

Hospital Waiting Room

Julie's Pov

I blew my hair from out my face. It had been loosening on it rubber band until it finally came out and stuck every which way. I felt like a invisible hobo compared to everyone who ignored me and rushed every which way. It was chaos. There was Jacob, who was unconscious and had been intoxicated with alcohol. Turns out he was drunk and just came from a party. A little girl, who was close to drowning but was rescued by a elderly lady who was in a coma too. And a 12 year old boy who was shot by accident. So much violence that I never knew about. My mom did her best to not exposing me to violence which is why I was so naive back then. Now I'm a fighter and always will be. Ever since Drake, I've kept to myself. My mom took me to therapy. That solved everything. Until Drake and Joey kidnapped me. I'll tell you the truth...I want my mommy.

"Mr. and Mrs. Barns! You'll have to wait, he's in a severed condition and is still in the emergency room." Said the overly nice receptionist at the front desk. "I need to see my son now!" Blubbered a middle aged woman. The man put a hand on his wife's shoulder. "Sorry 'mam have a seat." She responded. She turned away from them and pretended to tidy her already tidy desk. I assumed these were Jacob's parents because they both had the same black hair and pale skin as him and icy blue eyes. They could be brother and sister.

I stood up slowly. "Um, hi Mr. and Mrs. Barns, I'm Julie." I said. Mr. Barns turned around slowly and stared at me in curiosity. Mrs. Barns turned around with tears rolling off her plump cheeks. I quickly pulled my emergency supply of tissues out of my pocket and handed her one. "Th-th-thank youuuu!" She cried out. "She's kind of over dramatic, and you are?" Mr. Barns said. "Julie, I'm the one who called 911 and.....I'm his friend." I answered. He nodded in recognition. "Let's sit down." I said trying to change the awkward silence. "Alrighty then." Mr. Barns said. I purposely made Mrs. Barns sit between us.

Mr. Barns seemed like a rapist or a killer to me. Creeper...

Hours later

"Mr. and Mrs. Barns?" Asked a doctor from the front desk. They both got up. They glanced at me. I gave them the thumbs up. They smiled back then went forward. I sighed in relief and fell back in my chair. Trying to occupy the Barns family is exhausting for 3 hours straight. It involved alot of schmoozing. Just then Kendall walked in followed by a little girl who had similarities of his face. Probably Katie who he constantly talked about to me and me only. "Where is Jacob? Is he okay? Is he here?" He asked me at rapid speed. "Okay slow down first, he's in his resting room and second," I stood up and paused at the end. "I don't know." I breathed out air that I didn't know I was holding.

His face turned to looking from crazy to looking constipated. "Oh know! I mean, I hope he's okay." He said. I shrugged and sat back down. Katie sat next to me. We met a few times at the Palm Woods and even started having breakfest together. Me, Katie, and her mom. Kendall's mom was like my second mother. "He's been in a bummed out mood lately." Katie explained to my confused face. "Why?" I whisper asked. She shrugged. I sighed out of frustration now. I was getting more anxious the longer the receptionist tapped her pen on the marble table on purposely.

I stared at her telling her with my eyes to stop. She tapped louder and harder. I started breathing heavily through my nose and I gave her my meanest death glare I could muster. She immediately dropped her pen, snapped her gum once, then turned around. I accidentally kicked a magazine table over. I blushed when people started to stare. Then, Mr. and Mrs. Barns walked out. From the happy face on Mrs. Barn's face, I felt he was alive. I jumped up quickly. "Sooo....?" I pushed her on. She paused to build the tension. I tightened my hands into fist. Kendall leaned forward. Katie flipped a page in Sigawatch Celebrities Magazine. "He's okay!"

 "Wohoo!" We cheered. "When can we see him?" Kendall urged. "Right now! You guys can go first, I need a minute to use the bathroom." They both shuffled out the room. "Well what are we waiting for? Let's go!" Kendall exclaimed. We both raced down the hallway but then remembered that we didn't know his room number.

"Maybe this is it." Kendall opened the door marked. Bronze. "Um Kendall I do-". A elderly man and a male nurse were in the middle of a makeout session when we walked in. "Wow!" Kendall said a bit too loudly. They both whip turned and I quickly slammed the door. Then, as if on cue we burst out laughing. Totally forgetting about Jacob for a second. Omg Jacob! "Let's go!" I pulled his arm down a different hallway until we made it to Barns. "How'd you know where to go?" Kendall asked. I shrugged. I really didn't know.

I turn the handle and peeked inside. "Whoa!" I gasped. "What?!" Kendall urged me to open the door. I kicked the door open because Kendall was holding on to my arms. Kendall suddenly pushed me out the way. "Whoa!" I felt my face on the cool tile floor. Talk about sheer pain! "How's the air down there?" Croaked a voice. Jacob! I blushed and giggled then decided it would be a good time to get up. Jacob was on the bed while Kendall stared at him as if he liked him. Pshh like Kendall's gay....

Later

"I can't believe we had to leave!" Kendall whined.

"We were there for 3 hours, or you guys were." Katie jammed her thumb into his side.

"Kendall just HAD to tell him something important so I was just waiting outside the door!" I explained.

"Did you here smooching?" Katie joked.

"Huh?"

"Well they-"

"Let's go get some icecream!" Kendall interrupted.

"Wait! Katie what are they?" I stared at Kendall the whole time so he wouldn't throw any warnings at Katie. She kept walking when we stopped.

"Omg JB got a haircut! Look at it!" Katie held the magazine up to our faces. She accidentally bashed Kendall in the nose. I snorted and walked on. And that's how I forgot about whatever Katie was saying and we got Ben & Jerry's!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Man I love their icecreams! But its so expensive :S! Okay please comment, rate, and fan me! I love all my fans like my own children! Jk but please vote and comment :)