Time Heals all Wounds

"Dr. Chakwas, how are things going?" I asked stepping thought the Medbay door. "Commander Shepard, glad you came by" "Hey Doc, what's up?" I smiled "I Just want to let you know I've done further investigation regarding your facial scarring, and the old adage of "mind over matter" holds true. Negative attitudes and aggressive acts create adverse reactions with your cybernetic implants, while peaceful thoughts and compassionate actions promote healing. If you maintain a positive outlook, I believe your facial scarring will heal on its own. Otherwise, there is surgical equipment we could use to insulate your cybernetic implants and accelerate your healing regardless of your mental outlook. I've updated plans for the new medical equipment to your research terminal in the tech lab." She continued to scan the scares from my implants with her omni took. "So Doc how do I look?" "Keep up with that positive attitude of yours, and your scars will heal in no time" She smiled. She powered down her omni tool.

 "So Commander, what can I do for you?"  She tilted her head. I could tell her curiosity was getting the better of her, it wasn't often I would come to Medical on purpose. Doctor Chakwas had set up a screen for privacy in a back corner for when it was needed. "Can we step in the back?" I pointed to the screen. "Of course Commander."  We both made our way to the table the screen was protecting. "What seems to be the problem Commander?" I could hear the concern in her voice. "No probable really Doc, I think it would be faster if I just showed you" I removed my shirt and pants. "I see." she drew in a deep breath as she examined all my wounds. She gave me a shot of penicillin, removed the scabs from the scratches on my back, cleaned them, and applied a suave. "You know Commander..." She handed me a suave for the chaffing. "time heals all wounds." I knew it wasn't my physical wounds she was talking about. "No disrespect intended." She continued. "None taken." I replied taking the tube of cream she offered. "Thanks Doc." "Anytime Commander,  you know where I am if you should ever need me." I nodded, gave her a quick hug,  got myself dressed, and headed back to my room.

I stepped off the elevator, punched in the security code, made my way down the steps, and plopped myself on my bed. It has been an exhausting day. I thought to myself. I suddenly remembered the gift Kavis gave me just before I left his room. I was so tired, I didn't want to move. Then my curiosity trumped my exhaustion as I lifted myself off my bed, and walked over to my desk. I sat in my chair reached over, and opened the bag. I pulled out a piece of paper folded over with my name on the front. I carefully open the letter, a little worried about the content, "Hope it's not a dear Jane". I laughed to myself at the irony of that thought.

"My Dearest Commander Shepard",  

(My mouth dropped). 

 "Don't look so surprised, did you really think I would not know who you were? You Are the Hero of the Citadel, first Human Spectre, defender of the Galaxy...I thought you were dead.

(I smiled "so did I"))  

"I just want you to know that you are not only brave, strong, and honorably, you are also beautiful, intelligent and amazing, any turian would feel honored to have you as their bond mate. I want you to know when you left Omega you took my heart with you. I can only hope the Spirits will be kind and bring you back to my arms. I have included my omni address on the off chance you may feel the need to speak to me. Be safe Commander and know you carry my heart with you.

                                            Forever Yours Kavis

 I didn't know if I should laugh or cry, all I did knew, was that at this moment I was the happiest I have been in weeks. I took the gold box from the bag and lifted the top. I gasped, pulling my hands to my face covering my mouth before I reached in and pulled the contents from it's bright gold treasure chest. I brought it to my face inhaling the leather binding, then gently rubbing my thumb across the title on the cover. "Romeo and Juliet."