Solo Mission

With the Justica, and Assassin safely on board Jane thought everyone could use some down time to get to know each other. She was just about to get Edi on the comm, when she received a private call from Admiral Hackett. Jane stood in front of her Vid screen at attention "Admiral." She salutes. "At ease Commander."  "What can I do for you Admiral?" Jane asked a bit concerned. "Thank you Commander for hearing me out." Hackett continued. "The Alliance has a deep cover operative in batarian space, her name is Dr. Amanda Kenson, who found evidence of an imminent Reaper invasion." Hacked told her. "So why contact me sir?" Jane asked. "I just  learned this morning that she has been arrested, and is being held on terrorism charges in a batarian prison. I want you to infiltrate the prison and get her out, as a favor to Me, oh and one more thing." He said "With your ties to Cerberus, I would like you to handle this on your own." "No problem Admiral, I'll get right on it." "Thank you Commander, she is being held underground at a batarian outpost on the planet Aratoht. I'll upload the coordinates immediately. Once you have her secure, confirm her discovery, and debrief me when you return, Hackett out." 

 Jane was checking out the coordinates Hackett uploaded to her, when there was a knock at her door. She quickly shut down her terminal, walked to the door, and hit the open button. "Garrus? should you be up and around." Jane gave him a stern look. "Doctors release, I'm fit for duty when you need me." He handed her the forms Dr. Chakwas gave him. There was that smell again, it is definitely turian. Garrus was just about to ask her about the other turians on the ship when she stopped, blocking him from entering. "How is Tali?" "She's fine Shepard, I wanted to thank you for getting her on board safely." "It was my pleasure Garrus, I am just happy it all worked out." Jane smiled. "Listen Garrus I really would love for us to catch up, but I have something I need to take care of, and it's kinda urgent." "Oh sure Shepard, you need some back up?" Garrus was hoping for an invite on her next mission. "Not this time, but thanks for the offer." "No problem Shepard, I'll catch ya later." "Bye Garrus." Jane hit the close button, and headed back to her terminal bringing the coordinates back up. Garrus felt uneasy, as he entered the elevator "She's hiding something." He grumbled. "Secrets, and Shepard, never a good combination." Garrus shook his head, and headed to the main battery room to do some calibrations to keep is mind off of whatever it was Shepard was hiding.  

Two days later Garrus saw Tali sitting at a table on the crew deck. "Tali." He waved at her. Tali stood, and walked over to him giving him a hug. "Whats up Garrus?" "Have you seen Shepard?" He asked, sounding a bit more concerned than he intended. "Well no, not since she brought me on board, I though I should give her some time to work things out." "Yeah well, I saw her two days ago in her cabin, I gave her the release forms from Dr. Chakwas, she was definitely hiding something." Garrus squinted. "Oh No!" Tali shook her head. "Shepard and secrets, never a good thing." "I know, that's what I thought." Garrus hit the comm button on his omni tool. "Hey Edi." "Yes Archangel?" "Where is Shepard?" "Unknown." "Unknown, what do you mean unknown?" He snapped.  "I mean, I have no idea at this time the whereabouts of Commander Shepard, maybe Mr. Monroe can help you, he was the last person to speak to her before she left the ship." Garrus was getting aggravated. "Okay, thanks Edi, tell Joker I'm on my way to see him." He hit the off button on his omni tool, and headed to the cockpit. "Let me know what you find out" Tali yelled at him just before he entered the elevator.

"JOKER!" Garrus yelled "Listen Garrus before you start, Shepard swore me to secrecy." Joker folded his arms in front of him in defiance. "It's been two days Joker, have you heard from her!?" "Well no." Joker lowered his arms." "Spirits Joker!" "Okay, Okay she had me set a course for the Bahak System in the Viper Nebula, she jumped on the shuttle, and headed out, that's all I know."  Joker turned and faced Garrus. "Shit!" Garrus growled. "That's batarian space, what the hell was she thinking?  You haven't heard from her?" "NO!" "Not a word in two days?" "Like I said Garrus No, not a word." "Damn Joker, have you tried tracking her shuttle?" "Yes, she landed on the planet Aratoht." Joker said brings up the galaxy map. Garrus leaned in closer to get a better idea of the distance between them and the planet. "We'er pretty..." Joker held up his hand cutting Garrus of.  "Commander, is that you?" Joker hit the speaker,  Just static came through. "I swear, I heard something." Joke turned the volume up. Garrus leaned in closer. "Joker, can you hear me?!"  "Shepard, it's Garrus, are you alright!?" "I need Joker to get the Normandy down here A-SAP I need an e-vac. " Jane was panting from running.   "An asteroid is about to hit the relay, I uploaded my coordinates, and Garrus...?"  "Yeah Shepard?"  "Tell him to hurry the hell up!!"  "On my way." Joker punched in her coordinates, and hit the hyper-drive.

  A few seconds later the Normandy was at the coordinates Jane uploaded. Garrus swiftly ran to the bay doors reaching for his rifle, but as soon as Joker opened them he could see her running towards the ship, with the ground exploding behind her. Garrus watched in horror as she took a running jump off of a platform throwing herself towards the open bay doors. "SHIT!" Garrus yells "She's not going to make it!". He hooked his right arm through the cargo restraint dropped his rifle, and leaned out, reaching for her, stretching as far as he could. Jane caught his arm midair pulling him halfway out the bay door. Garrus roared pulling with all his might as he and Jane fell back on to the floor of the Normandy. "Joker, get us through that relay FAST!"  Seconds after Joker flew the Normandy safely through the relay, it exploded. "Cutting it close, hey Shepard?" Garrus playfully bumped into her "Just like old times." He said smiling as he reached down picking up his weapon. Jane took a deep breath and shook her head "I owe you one Vakarian." "More than one." He winked at her.