Saying Good-Bye

As soon as Jane was back on the Normandy, she headed to her cabin. She quickly punched in her security code, and rushed to the terminal. Nothing, no message from Kavis or his sister. Jane was feeling more and more uneasy. "Why hasn't he contacted me? Surly he has made it to Palaven by now." Jane glanced over at the alarm clock, one more hour. This is going to be the longest hour of her life. Jane stood, and started to pace. between pacing, and checking her messages, she was developing a massive headache. She walked into the bathroom, and smiled as she remembered how Kavis squeeze his massive frame through the crack of the broken door. Jane had just finished downing four aspirins, when Joker came over the comm system. "We are in orbit Commander" "Thank you Joker" Jane started to hurry out of her cabin. "Hey Shepard?" "Yeah Joker?" Jane was taken back, she had never heard his voice sound so serious. "Is Kavis down there?" Jane felt her heart sink at his question "I'm not sure Joker." "Understood Commander" "Edi" "Yes Commander." "Have Liara, and James meet me at the shuttle." "Will do Commander"

Moments later, the three of them were in the shuttle heading for Menae, when a image of Palaven came over the Vid screen. "Oh No Palaven" Liara said with remorse. "We have a friend there, and my Bond-Mate" Jane sighed "Holy hell, they are being decimated" James lowered his head, he remembered how happy the couple seemed to be whenever he was sent to check in on her back on Earth, and hoped Kavis was alright for her sake. Liara reached over, and placed a hand on Jane's arm "I'm sorry Shepard, was it like this on Earth" "Yeah" Jane closed her eyes trying to hold back her tears.

"Alright everyone, we're coming in hot" The shuttle driver announced. "Okay, be ready" Jane shouted. "Steve open the doors. We get in, pick up the turian primarch, and get out. Let's do this." Jane, Liara, and James jumped out of the shuttle, and fought their way to the command base. "General?" Jane addressed the turian at the main terminal "Commander Shepard, I heard you were coming, but I didn't believe it. General Corinthus." He said without looking up from what he was doing. "I've come for Primarch Fedorian." The general went silent, he turned and looked at her. He had heard the rumors, even though he and the primarch were good friend, he never spoke about his son and his Bond-Mate. "Primarch Fedorian is dead. His shuttle was shot down an hour ago as it was trying to leave the moon." Jane couldn't breath. She felt her legs start to go weak. James stepped beside her, and held her arm. "Was he alone, was his family with him?" By the look in her eye, and the panic in her voice, General Corinthus knew the rumors were true. He turned to faced her. "We don't know the details, our comm tower is down, we would need to repair it in order to communicate with Palaven Command to learn any details if they have them, and learn who the new Primarch is." He place a talon on her shoulder. Jane nodded. "Alright general, we'll get your comm tower up and running." Jane pulled herself together, and headed towards the tower. General Corinthus watched her as she walked passed him composed, and determined. "No wonder Kavis was taken by her. Any turian would be proud to have her as his Bond-Mate" He thought to himself "I hope Kavis wasn't with his father." He sighed out loud after Jane, and her team left the barricade.

Liara had the comm tower fixed in no time. "General, your tower is operational" Jane announced over her omni tool. "Thank you Commander, I'll let you know as soon as I receive a response from Palaven Command" "Thank you General. We'll stay here, and help your squad keep the husks from over running the tower again until I hear back from you" "Thank you Commander, I appreciate that" Jane, and her team spent the next half hour thinning out the group of husks with the turian squad. "Commander, head back to the base, I have your Primarch." The generals voice came over her omni tool. "On our way" Jane waves to the turian squad as they headed back to the main base. "The new primarch is General Adrien Victus." The General said as Jane walked up to him. "I'm sorry, but there is no word on Primarch Fedorian's shuttle" Jane thought she heard pity in his voice. "Thank you General, any word on the whereabouts of the new primarch?" Jane was finding it hard to concentrate as her worry for Kavis and his family increased by the minute. "We'll find your primarch Shepard." A familiar voice reached Jane's ears. "Garrus!" Jane sighed with relief. "Shepard." Garrus reached out and took her hand. "I heard what happened to Primarch Fedorian, is Kavis alright" Jane lowered her head "No one knows, but I'm glad to see you're alright." She lifted her head, and smiled "I'm hard to kill, you should know that by now." He looked in her eyes, even though he could see the fear she had for her Bond- Mate to him she was the most beautiful thing he had seen in a long while.

A few hours later Jane, her team, Garrus, and Primarch Victus were back on the Normandy. As soon as the shuttle doors opened, Jane ran to her quarters, and checked her terminal for messages. Nothing, not a single message. Jane sighed, removed her armor, and jumped into the shower. As soon as she walked out of the bathroom, she saw the light beeping indicating she had received a message. "Thank God." Jane ran an clicked on her vid message. "Thank God you are okay, I was..." Jane froze, the vid comm was recorded, not live.

My Dearest Sweet, Sweet Jane,

I am so sorry I can't be with you, and that I had to leave you. Know that if I had a choice in the matter, I would be by your side this very moment." Jane's breath caught. "I want to tell you, that I fell in love with you the first night I met you on Omega. You are such a strong, beautiful, and amazing women I was so happy, and proud you agreed to be my Bond-Mate. I think it will be the small things I will miss the most. The smell of Vanilla mixed with the scent of your desire for me, the soft feeling of your beautiful auburn hair, the way you scream my name during our mating, but mostly I will miss the way my heart fluttered every time I looked into your amazing green eyes. You are my life, my happiness, my reason to wake every morning. I want you to know, that it's you I see each night I close my eyes, it's you I dream of when I sleep, It's you I feel curled up in my arms. I know this will be hard for you to except Jane, but please I need you to continue on. Don't let my death stop you from living. Promise me my sweet, sweet Jane, you will move on, and be happy. Remember I will love you always." Kavis placed his palm on the screen. "Good bye my love, my heart, my Bond-Mate, know I will be waiting for you."