Dreams of Tomorrow

Kavis shook as he was flooded with waves of emotion staring at the unopened message. Trying desperately to visualize what it could possibly say without actually opening it. His thoughts once again travelling back in time to the night his life had changed. He was remembering how he watched her from the kitchen as she took in every treasure he had displayed on his walls, every painting, sculpture, and Vase. Then he watched as her whole demeanor changed. She became a child as she kicked off her shoes and plopped on the floor in front of a night stand holding some of his most prized possession, a set of hard bound earth books given to him as a gift from a Admiral Steven Hackett on one of his few diplomatic visits to earth. He watched as she picked up his favorite of all the books with such care and brought it to her nose and inhaled. Kavis was stunned and amused as he watched her perform a ritual that he himself had performed hundreds of times. He remembered the fear and panic he felt when she drank the turian wine from his glass then revealing her tolerance to dextrose. "Could this human women get anymore perfect?" He thought to himself.

 Kavis felt a primal rush fill his body as he remembered the sight of her naked standing in front of him as he stored every inch of her to memory so he could recall  this perfect image on demand. His plates started to shift remembering the kick to his chest and watching her sprint to the other side of the room taking a defensive stance swaying back and forth like a wild animal on a hunt. He remembered losing control allowing all primal instincts to take over as his mind stepped in and out of reality. The mixture of her scent and blood drove him into a frenzy. The feel of her, wet, and hot surrounded him as she tightened her grip on him screaming his name,  pushing him even deeper into his primal passion. He bit into her soft flesh as the taste of copper filled his mouth he screamed his own release, collapsing on her back and licking her wounds. 

 Then as gently as he could, he took her into his arms and carried her into his bed. Still not in control of all his emotions he wrapped his arms around her possessively daring anyone or anything to take her from him. The next morning he hands her his most prized possession as she walked out of his apartment, out of his world, and possibly out of his life. All tho turian's sense of smell isn't that much keener than that of humans, it is geared  towards the detection of pheromones, So for a week after this amazing women walked out of his life her scent plagued his every waken hour, and filled his dreams with desires of a future with her in it.  Now here he sits staring at a message to frightened to hit a open button afraid of the content. 

Kavis took a deep breath, and hit the button on his omni tool

My Dearest Kavis,

 First I would like to thank you for your overly generous gift. I want you to Know that I will treasure it always, and protect it with my life, and if you should ever long for it's return I would reluctantly return it to you. 

(this made him chuckle)

 I am sorry for not sending you a message sooner, but now that you are aware of my identity, I hope you understand, and forgive me. I shell be returning to Omega within a week, I only have a few hours, but I am hoping you would join me for a drink. I will message you 24 hours before my return. I am looking forward to seeing you again. I have also including the address to my private terminal.

      You are always in my thoughts, 

                            Jane

  Turning off his omni tool, Kavis walked over to his bed, undressed, and slowly laid down. Pulling his arm behind his head he looked up at the ceiling and moaned, "How am I ever going to survive a week?" He smiled . He was so full of excitement at the thought of seeing her again, he knew trying to sleep would be impossible. He sat up reached over to the night stand and grabbed one of the books on it's shelf, bringing it close to his nose he inhaled, then rubbed his talon across the title on the cover before opening it up and started reading. After a few hours Kavis closed the book and carefully place it back on the shelf. He closed his eyes and fell asleep dreaming of a auburn haired human sharing a life with him.