Big Girls Sometimes Cry

Jane walked out of the medbay toward her squad mates. "He's going to be fine." She informed them. There was a large sigh of relief from all of them. "That's great news Shep." Kasumi smiled. "We are setting a course for Haestorm, I'll set up a briefing tomorrow." Jane put her head down thinking about seeing Tali again. "Now everyone get some rest." Jane started to walk away, then turned back to face her team. "Thank you, all of you for everything you did tonight." She smiled. Everyone nodded, and broke off to their different areas, and Jane headed to her cabin. As soon as the door opened, she ran to her bed, and threw herself down. With her face in the pillow she cried. She cried for everything, and everyone she has lost. She cried for her family, and friends killed by slavers so long ago, she cried for her ship the Normandy SR-1, she cried for all her crew, and squad members she lost, she cried for the two years she was dead leaving everyone to move on, but her, and then, she finally cried for Garrus, long, and hard until she fell asleep.

A few hours later Jane woke gasping for air "Its just a dream." She told herself ."Breath, just breath". Jane sat on the edge of the bed waiting for her breathing, and heart rate to return to normal. "Wow!" She thought. "I haven't had that dream since...since I met Kavis." She smiled. Jane stood, and looked at the clock on her bed stand, 0100 hours (1 am). She sighed, and then realized she was still dressed from last night, and her hair was stuck to the side of her face from crying. "I wonder what Kavis is doing?" She smiled as thoughts of him filled her head. "Well I certainly can't vid comm him looking like this." She laughed to herself. She quickly showered, dried her hair, and slipped Kavis' shirt on that she snuck out of his apartment the last time they were together. She wrapped the shirt around her and inhaled. Jane frowned, Kavis' scent was wearing off "I'll just have to bring this one back, and take the one he is wearing when I see him next time." She looked at the shirt a little sad. "Or, just have him wear this one to bed, and take it back." She thought. "I liked that Idea much better."

Jane sat in front of her terminal, and rang Kavis on the vid comm. "Hello gorgeous, still looking as beautiful as ever in my shirt." Kavis grinned. "I was just thinking the same thing." Jane snuggled the shirt close to her." Kavis chuckled. "I miss you." Kavis placed his palm on the screen "I miss you too Kavis, so much." Jane sighed, as she placed her own palm over his, they both smiled. Kavis moved his hand, and turned his head "0230, (2:30 am) Having trouble sleeping Jane?" He asked a little concerned. "It was a rough day." Jane took her hand from the screen, and looked down. "Want to talk about it?" Kavis said with worry in his voice. Jane looked up "Not now." she smiled. "I just want to hear your voice." Kavis nodded. "Okay, Jane." He gave her a half smile. "Don't worry, I'm just sleepy that's all." she smiled back. "Some how I doubt that's all there is to it, but I'll wait until you are ready to talk about it." Kavis decided to let it go. Jane was grateful, and relieved, she didn't feel like going through it all over again right now.

"So." Jane smiled "What are you doing so early this morning?" "Well." Kavis yawned. "I was thinking about calling it a night until I received a vid call from my beautiful, and, amazing lover, filling my mind with all sorts of sinful things that I could be doing to her if she was here with me." He winked, giving her a devilish grin. Jane chuckled. "I'll be back in three weeks, and we'll see if we can put those sinful thought of yours to use." Jane winked back at him. "I guess I'll have to wait." Kavis pouted. " You really look exhausted Jane, try to get some rest." Kavis frowned. "I will, I promise." "Sleep well my Sweet Jane remember I love you." Kavis kissed the vid screen "I love you too Kavis." Jane whispered. Kavis' eyes widened, and he had this look of both joy, and surprise on his face. "Spirits Jane, say that again!" Jane moved close to the screen looking deep into his eyes. "I love you my beautiful golden eyed turian." Then she kissed the screen. Kavis smiled "You have made me the happiest turian in all the worlds, I have loved you almost since the moment I laid eyes on you my sweet sweet Jane, thank you for loving me." Jane saw a tear trail down his face, her heart was so full of his love for her the hole she had from losing Garrus was filled and over flowing, she felt her own tears running down her face. "Good night Jane, sleep well." She heard Kavis whisper. "Sleep well my love." Jane hit the comm button, and watched the face of her lover fade to black. She walked back to her bed, and laid down wrapping Kavis' shirt close to her as she fell asleep dreaming beautiful dreams filled with love, and happiness.