Picking Up the Pieces

They both stepped out of the elevator with their arms wrapped around each other. Jane reached over, and punched the code in the door panel, as soon as the door opened Kavis swooped her into his arms and carried her over the threshold. Jane giggles. "Someone has been looking up human customs." Kavis smiled, "Don't laugh, you humans have a hell of a lot of customs..." His voice trailed off. "SPIRITS!" Kavis stood in the door way with Jane still in his arms as he surveyed the destruction of her cabin. Kavis put her down lifted his head, and growled. "I should have killed that son of a bitch!" He hissed. Jane stood with her hands over her mouth, and gasped. "Oh my god!" She was having a hard time believing her eyes. The door to the bathroom had deep claw marks, and was bowed in the middle, there was still blood stains on the floor from when Garrus dug his talons into her side, pieces of her terminal were scattered over the room, her chair was turned over, and she lost another alarm clock. Jane could hear the growls from his chest get deeper, and louder as he obviously was seeing what she was. "Please Kavis," Jane placed her arm on his and looked up at him. Kavis looked into her eyes, and his heart started beating a little fasted, there was no way around it, his heart belonged to her, so even if it was killing him, he would show restraint for her sake. 

 Kavis sighed as he looked down at her. "I know you have deep feeling for this Vakarian Jane, but look at this..." "I know," she said as she lowered her eyes. Kavis picked her up, and held her close to him, "Spirits Jane, when I think of what he could have done to you," He squeezed her tight, "I don't know what I would do if I had lost you," 'You didn't lose me I'm right here, and I'm fine." He released her, leaned down, and kissed the top of her head. "Well' She said as she turned putting her hands on her hips. I guess I should cancel the meeting for today, and get things back in order." She huffed. "I should head down to the cockpit, and grab my duffel bag. I left it with Joker when I came on board." Kavis said turning to leave. " Wait, I have to head down to supply, and have them requisition me a new terminal, and omni tool, oh, and a new alarm." Jane shook her head. "Edi is going to kill me." Kavis looked at her puzzled, Jane rolled her eyes. "It's nothing, I can run by the cockpit, and pick up your bag, when I let Edi know to cancel the meeting." "Okay, I'll start cleaning up." He gave her a smile, and stepped further into her quarters. Jane left the room, and entered the elevator.

 Dr. Chakwas walked over, and unstrapped Garrus from the gurney. "How you felling Garrus?" "Like shit." He looked away from her. Dr. Chakwas placed her hand on his shoulder. "listen Garrus." "Don't Doc." He pulled away from her. "Okay Garrus, but if you need to talk." "Thanks, but I don't think talking is going to help me." Just then Tali came rushing in. "Garrus, are you alright, what happened?" She wrapped her arms around his waist. "I have some reports to file" Dr Chakwas walk around the screen. "I'm fine Tali." She gave him a sideways glance looking at the blood on his shirt. Garrus looked at his shirt. "It's not my blood Tali, it's Shepard's." Tali looked confused. "How? Is she alright? What happened?" Garrus looked away from her. "Me, I did it." "What?" Tali turned his head so he had to look at her. "Oh Tali, I'm so ashamed, I don't know if she will ever forgive me after what I tried to do to her." He buried his face in her shoulder, as he held back his tears. "Oh Garrus, this whole situation, has been hard on all of us, I know that whatever happened Shepard will forgive you, she still loves you." "I'm not sure Tali, not this time." Tali lifted his head. "Well, there is only one way to find out, you need to go see her." Garrus sighed. "I know, I guess I better go get this over with." He left Tali, and headed out of the med-bay.

 Kavis had just finished cleaning the blood off the floor, when there was a knock at the door. He smiled "Need a hand Mrs."F"?" He hit the open button on the door panel. His smile quickly turned to a snarled as he grabbed Garrus by the throat, turned and slammed him up against the fish tank. "I SHOULD KILL YOU!" He growled. "Why ARE YOU HERE!?" Garrus didn't resist. "I need to speak to Shepard." He croaked. "Over my dead body Vakarian!" "KAVIS!" Kavis' head snapped to the left at the sound of his name. "Let him go." Kavis released him. Garrus coughed a few times, as he rubbed his neck. "I think Garrus, and I should talk." "NO!" Kavis folded his arms in font of him taking a stand. Jane shot him a "look" Kavis lifted his arms in the air. "FINE!" He shouted rubbing his talon on the back of his neck as he started to pace. Jane, and Garrus stepped in the hall, she waited until the door shut. "Garrus, I'm sorry, are you alright?" Garrus lowered his head in shame. "You're asking me if I'm alright, after what I tried to do to you?" "It wasn't your fault Garrus, I understand." "The last thing in the world I would ever do is hurt you". He touched the bandage  covering the claw mark he left on her side. "It's fine, just a scratch, I ran into Mordin, on my way up here." She touched his arm "The pheromones have already been incorporated into the air system, you should be fine from now on." Garrus nodded. "Shepard?" "Yeah Garrus?" "Can you ever forgive me?" She smile, and gave him a hug. "I already have" Garrus let out a sigh of relief, and hugged her back.