The War Begins

With the collector base destroyed, and humanity safe, for now. Jane knew she had to turn herself into the war counsel on earth for the destruction of the Batarian colony. She was relived from duty, the Normandy taken from her, and then placed on house arrest. She was denied all contact with the outside world, and her crew. The only reason Kavis was allowed to stay with her, is he made a political plea as the Primarch of Palaven's son. No one want's to piss off the turians, not even the counsel.

It was going on six months since Jane was relieved from duty, her, and Kavis were just starting to settle into a married couple routine, when Kavis rushed through the apartment door. "Jane!" Kavis sounded frantic "Kavis, what's wrong?" "I'm not sure, but it must be something big. My Father has reinstated me with full rank, and has requested my presence on Palaven." "What, When?" Jane was surprised, Kavis and his father were not on good terms. "ASAP" Kavis stepped into their bedroom, and grabbed his duffel bag from the closet, causing everything on top of it to fall to the ground. "Here, let me" Jane reached over and placed a hand on her Bond-Mates arm, she looked into his eyes and saw the panic he was feeling. "I'll get this" she smiled. Kavis sighed, and sat on the bed "I have sent messages to my Mother, and sister, they have not responded" Jane walked over to the dresser, and placed the duffel bag on the ground. Kavis looked up at her "I'm worried." Jane sat next to him, he placed his forehead on hers. "Did your father say anything at all about what was going on?" Jane asked "No, the message just said that he had reinstated me, and that he needed me to report to Palaven ASAP." Jane moved her forehead from his, and placed her hand on the side of his face. "I know you are worried, I am too, but you have to stay calm, or you will be no use to anyone." Kavis took a deep breath then exhaled. "You're right." He smiled, and hugged her tight "I love you, and I don't want to leave. Once I know my Mother and sister are safe, I will let my Father know I wont be staying. I have a bad feeling about this." Just then someone walked through the apartment door...

"Commander?" James voice echoed. Jane stood, and walked out of the room with Kavis close behind. "You're not suppose to call me that anymore James" He turned and saluted her "Yeah well, I'm not suppose to salute you either" He smiled. "What can I do for you?" Jane said smiling back at him. "We got to go, the defense committee wants to see you." "That sounds important." The bad feeling Kavis was having, just shot through her like a lightning bolt. Jane turned to face Kavis, they could both see the panic in each others eyes. Kavis walked over to her, and hugged her. "Go, I'll be fine. I'll let you know as soon as I reach Palaven" He placed his forehead on hers. Jane stepped back, wrapped her arms around his neck, and kissed him with all the passion she could. "Come back to me safe." She said as she released him, and walked towards James. "I love you." Kavis whispered. Jane turned just as she walked out the apartment "I love you too." His beautiful golden eyes were the last thing she saw as the doors shut.

Jane followed James into the hall . People were scrambling everywhere. "What's going on?" Jane asked as she caught up to him. "Couldn't say. They just said they needed you Now." James continued walking at a quick pace. Just then Jane saw Admiral Anderson heading towards her. "Anderson." Jane extended her arm. "You look good Shepard." Anderson shook her hand "Maybe a little soft around the edges." He smiled, and taped her stomach. "How you holding up after being relived from duty?" "It's not so bad, after you get use to the hot food, and soft beds." Jane smiled. "What's going on, why is everyone in such a hurry?" Jane knew this couldn't be a good sign. "Admiral Hackett is mobilizing the fleets. I'm guessing word has reach Alliance command by now, something big is headed our way." Jane stopped, as panic flooded through her. "Is it the Reapers!" "We don't know, not for sure." Anderson stopped and faced her. "What else could it be." Jane frowned. "If we knew that.." Anderson continued walking.

Moments later she, and Admiral Anderson were standing in front of the War Committee, Jane had just confirmed that it was the reapers, when a red beam shot through the war room destroying everything in it's path. The reapers had landed, Earth was under attack. After that, everything went so quickly it was a blur. Admiral Anderson reinstated her, put her back in command of the Normandy, and ordered her to the Citadel while he stayed behind. She made one quick stop on Mars to pick up Dr. Liara T'Soni, who had a blue print of a weapon strong enough to kill the reapers, almost losing Kaidan Alenko, (one of her old Squad members) in the process, before landing on the Citadel to secure help against the attack on earth. After all her efforts to get help from the counsel, her request was denied.

Jane had just met with Counselor Udina in his office to discuss the outcome of the meeting, when the turian Counselor entered the office. He informed her that even tho he did not have the authority to give earth the support they needed, he could tell her how to get it. "Primarch Fedorian called the war summit, but, we lost contact with him when the reapers hit Palaven. Those meetings wont proceed without him." Jane's heart dropped, hundreds of thought rushed through her head..."Was Kavis with him, was his mother, and sister? Why have they lost contact? Are they all right?" Jane had to take a deep breath to steady herself. The Counselor continued "The Normandy, is one of the few ships that can extract him undetected. A grateful Primarch would be a tremendous ally in your bid to unite us." He walked over to the terminal, bringing up a hologram of Palaven space. "Our latest intelligence tells us that the Primarch was moved to a base on Palaven's largest moon." He turned to walk away, then stopped "There is one other thing, the counsel wanted me to tell you we are upholding your Specter status, good luck commander." As soon as the counselor left Jane activated her omni tool "Joker" "yes Commander" "Set a course for Menae, Palaven's larges moon, how long until we reach her orbit?" Joker could hear a hint of panic in her voice. "In two hours, is everything okay Commander?" "I hope so, I'm on my way to the ship"