No Rest For The Wicked

It has been three days since finishing up the last mission on Purgatory. "There was only a few minor hiccups this time". Shepard thought. "Well, if you can call almost ending up captured, thrown into prison, and then sold to the highest bidder by some psycho warden, and Jack ending up being a girl, with some serious anger issues with enough Biotic power to take out a small army, minor" She laughed. "Yeah, nothing can ever be easy." she said out loud to herself as she finished up her report to the Illusive Man and hit the send button.

Jane leaned forward and hit the comm button "Hey Joker" Yeah Commander" "How long before we reach Korlus" She asked pinching the bridge of her nose "Should be there in 26 hours Commander." she glanced at the clock, 2100 hours (9 pm) "Thanks Joker." "Sure thing Commander." "Edi?" "Yes Commander." "Can you send everyone a message to meet in the comm room at 0800 tomorrow for the next mission briefing?" "Done Commander." "Thanks Edi." Jane smiled, "Sometimes it's great having an AI (Artificial Intelligence) on board." She thought. "Your welcome Commander, oh and Commander." "Yes Edi?" "I have noticed that your stress level is a bit elevated, and your sleep patterns are showing you have only had nine hours of sleep in the last three days. This may be the source of the elevated stress, You may want to speak to Dr Chakwas and see if she can give you something to help with that." "and...there's the downside of having an AI on board". Jane kept that thought to herself "I'm fine Edi, but I'll stop by Medical when I get the chance." "Very good Commander." Jane had been waking up these last few nights with the same recurring nightmare that had her reliving the day her old ship (The Normandy SR-1) blew up and she was spaced, so maybe seeing the Doc. couldn't hurt.

Jane pressed the button on the comm system hoping it would be the last time tonight before she turned in for what she suspected would be yet another restless nights sleep. "Kelly?" "Yes Commander" "Is there anything I need to know about?" "You have a new unread message on your terminal from the Illusive Man" "Thank you Kelly" "No problem Commander, is there any thing else you need?" "That will be all Kelly" "Right Commander, I'm here if you need me"

Jane stood from the seat she had been sitting in for the last hour, stretched, rubbed the back of her neck, and walked over to her terminal opening the newest message waiting for her. Looks like the Illusive Man sent three new dossiers. An asari Justicar, and a drell Assassin. Both on Illium. "That should make it easy." Jane chuckled "Yeah right, EASY, just like the last mission" Jane thought as she subconsciously rubbed her right side where one of the guards had clipped her with a concussion shot knocking the wind out of her for a few seconds. Jane took a deep breath and refocused back on the message. The third dossier was a Vigilante calling himself Archangel who was currently on Omega. Omega is closer to Korlus so we'll head there after picking up the krogan warlord, Okeer, and grab this Archangel, then head to Illium for the Justicar, and Assassin, She decided, and of course her decision to hit Omega first had nothing to do with a certain Golden eyed turian she can't stop thinking about. She told herself, as a warm sensation traveled through her body as the memory of that amazing night flooded her thoughts.

Jane picked up the hard copy of "Romeo and Juliet" she keeps on her desk next to the picture of her, Garrus, and Tali. The book was a parting gift giving to her by Karvis to reminder her of the night they had spent together. As if she needed anything more than her memories to remind her of that amazing night. Her body shuttered as she traced the scare on her shoulder from the bite mark Karvis gave her during their heat of passion. Jane lifted the book to her nose, and inhaled the smell of the leather binding letting her memory wander, before removing the letter he wrote containing his omni address from inside the pages where She had safely tucked it away for when she felt brave enough to contact him. It has been just over a week since they were last together, and even tho Kavis pretty much spelled out his feelings for her in his letter, she was still having a hard time processing what it was she was feeling for him. She still thinks about Garrus every day, and even tho she has been looking for him for over a month with no leads she can not bring herself to tell the Illusive Man to pull his resources from the search.

"Well." she sighed to herself. "No sense putting this off any longer, we'll be back at Omega in a week. So Jane...", She huffed out loud "Time to put on your big girl panties, and send Karvis a message letting him know you will be returning to Omega." With a determined look on her face, she lit up her omni tool punched in the address he gave her, and started to type out her message.