Choose Your Fate

Jane and Kavis spent the next twenty-four hours in bed, making love, and talking. She told him about her life before the Alliance, then about the time she spent on the Normandy SR-1 before being space. She spoke about how it felt after waking up to find two years of her life gone along with most of her crew and friends. She laughed, and cried as he held her in his arms. Jane felt safe just like she did when she would talk to Garrus, she could tell him anything, and he never judged her. Jane realized at that moment, she hadn't really thought much about Garrus the last few weeks, and it made her a little sad to find she was missing him less and less the more time she spent with Kavis. She looked at her golden eyed turian and felt the hole in her soul that was there from losing Garrus shrink a bit smaller. Kavis caught her looking at him and he smiled. "So, tell me about you" Jane said smiling back at him. "My life compared to yours is going to be pretty boring." He laughed. "Some how I doubt that." Jane kissed him on the cheek giving him a pout and her best puppy eye expression "Okay, okay but don't say I didn't warn you." He sighed

Kavis told her about his security business, and how being in the turian armed forces helped make him the best at what he did. He smiled with pride telling her what a great soldier he was, climbing up the ranks at top speed. Then, Kavis got quieter, and Jane thought she saw a look of sadness on his face when he told her he left the military six months ago when he turned 30 leaving  that life behind him. His choice brought great disappointment to his father. When Jane asked about his family he smiled and told her that was a story for another time. Jane wasn't very happy with that answer, but decided to let it go...for now.  

 Eventually, Jane brought up Garrus. Kavis felt sick, he could feel his heart drop to his stomach as this women he had fallen in love with confesses to him that she was in love with another turian a few years ago, and she may still be. It took all his strength not to lash out with rage over this Garrus Vakarian, "wait" he thought "I know that name, but from where?" Then it dawned on him, his farther was close friends with Castis Vakarian a retired C-sec officer, he was sure this Castis is Garrus' father, this just keeps getting better and better he thought. When Jane stopped talking, Kavis leaned forward and placed his lips on the top of her head, and took a deep breath. "Should I be worried Jane?" Jane pulled back from him placing her hands on either side of his face and whispered; "If you had asked me this question a few weeks ago," she sighed "I would have told you I would do anything to be with Garrus but, right here, right now looking at my amazing golden eyed turian" She moved her hand from the side of his cheek and placed it over her commitment mark. "I can honestly say, you have nothing to fear from anyone in my past or my future."  Kavis smiled kissing her passionately on her lips, but he was unable to shake the feeling of pain in his heart thinking she would change her mind if she were to ever find this Garrus Vakarian. 

 A few hours later, Jane was back on the Normandy sitting at her desk going through her unread messages. The Illusive Man sent another dossier on a Salarian Dr. Mordin Solus who is somewhere here on Omega. Jane made a mental note to ask Aria about the Dr. tomorrow along with Archangel. She turned off the terminal, then walked to the bed, looking  at Kavis' shirt that she snuck out of his apartment under Kasumi's hoodie. She undressed, and slipped it on, she snuggled it up to her nose, and a rush of heat filled her as she inhaled his scent. She smiled as she looked at the clock on the night stand 2200 hours (10 PM) I wonder what Kavis is doing she thought. "One way to find out", she rushed to her omni tool and dialed him on the vid comm. "Jane!" Kavis said surprised "What's up?" "Nothing" she sighed. "I was just wondering what you were doing." She smiled. "Just finishing up my rounds. Humm Jane?" "Yes Kavis?" She replied in a silky voice. "Is that my shirt you're wearing?" "Oh this shirt?" She pulled on it and looked at him shyly. "Yes Jane that shirt." He gave her a sideways smile. "Well, if you want it back..." she lifted the shirt over her head stepping back so her completely naked body was in full view of the vid feed. Kavis growled as he pressed his face closer to his omni tool. "I don't really need it." She said rubbing her nipple, then tracing her finger down the front of her body into her heat between her legs. Kavis growled, and his eyes widened. Jane brought her fingers to her mouth and sucked on them closing her eyes. she pulled her finger out of her mouth looked at Kavis, and laughed "Well, good night my handsome turian."  Jane hopped over to the vid screen to shut it off. "Wait...what? Jane don't you dare!!" Kavis yelled. She hit the button severing the vid connection, and laughed so hard she couldn't catch her breath. Just then her omni tool beeped with a message from Kavis "You are sooooo going to pay for that!" causing her to laugh even harder. "Promises, promises." She typed back. She slipped his shirt back on, walked to her bed, and jumped in, feeling pretty pleased with herself.  Jane laid in bed looking out the skylight, and thought to herself...what if she did fine Garrus, and had the chance to be with him would she give up Kavis? "Let's hope I never have to find out. " she said out loud closing her eyes wrapping herself tight in Kavis' shirt and falling asleep.