The Beginning Of The End

Four hours later, Kavis was in his, and Jane's quarters pacing. "Have you heard anything Joker?" Kavis said  hitting the button on the comm system. "Okay Kavis, you have to relax, this is the forth time you asked in less than an hour, she will be fine, Garrus, and Tali will have her back, so don't worry" "Yeah, I'm sure you're right, thanks Joker" "Anytime guy, I'll let you know as soon as they are on their way back" "Thanks" Kavis grabbed the book off the night stand, sat on the bed, and tried to read. After reading the same line four times, he gave it up as a lost cause. He started thinking; what if something did happen to one of them, and he never had the chance to apologize, or let her know how much she meant to him. Kavis sat in front of the vid comm, and decided he would record what he would say to her if he never had the chance. Two hours later Kavis was finishing up the last Vid message he had recorded, when Joker came over the comm system "Hey Kavis buddy" Kavis stood from his seat "Is She back" "They are on the way, the shuttle should be here in five" "Thanks joker" He shut down the terminal, and headed to the shuttle bay.

 Kavis walked through the doors, just as the mission party was exiting the shuttle. Garrus had a fully intact Geth slung over his shoulder "Take it to the AI core" Jane ordered him "Shepard, I must protest again" Tali walked up to her "You should have left it, having a fully operational Geth on board could be dangerous, you know the risk" "Noted Tali, please drop the IFF to Miranda, and ask her to meet me in the comm room, and have her bring Jacob" Tali shook her head, and walked out the door. Jane walked pass Kavis without even glancing at him. "Jane, please!" Kavis grabbed her arm. She stopped, and looked at him, his golden eyes were so full with fear, and regret her heart ached, she reached up, an wrapped her arms around his neck. Kavis held her tight against him "Oh my sweet, sweet Jane, can you ever forgive this foolish turian" "I forgave you as soon as I looked into those beautiful golden eyes of yours" Jane kissed him. Kavis sighed with relief as he placed his forehead against hers "Commander" Edi's voice came over the comm system "Miranda, and Jacob are waiting in the comm room" "Thank you Edi, I'm on my way" Jane, and Kavis walked out of the shuttle bay.

 They entered the comm room to the sound of Miranda, and Jacob arguing over the Geth that was brought on board "Cerberus has a open bounty for a fully intact Geth" Miranda shouted at Jacob "I say space it, nothing good can come from it" Jacob shouted back. "Alright you two, I understand your concerns, but I want to talk with it first before I make a decision" "You want to activate it commander?" Miranda said with surprise "We may not be able to deactivate it again" "Bullets will" Jacob folded his arms in front of him "That's not what I meant" Miranda huffed. Jacob shook his head "Tali is going to freak, but it's your call Commander" Jane nodded. "Miranda, send a report to the Illusive man, and debrief him on our last mission" "Will do Shepard" "Thank you  for your suggestions, I will take what you both said under consideration, dismissed." "Aye, Aye Commander" Jacob saluted, then he and Miranda left the comm room. "Are you sure about this Jane?" Jane could hear the concern in Kavis' voice "No, not really" She smiled "But, the only way to talk with it is to activate it" 

 Jane entered the AI Core while Kavis waited outside. "I'm going to activate this thing, so be ready" Jane informed the guard "Aye, Aye Commander" "I have isolated our systems, and erected additional firewalls. I am prepared to resist any hacking attempt." Edi announced. Jane walked forward, and punched in the code on her omni tool reactivating the Geth. The Geth stood, and face her "Shepard Commander..."  After speaking with it for a while Jane was able to determine that the Geth were fighting the old machines, the reapers, and wanted to join her. After a few more hours of talking  Jane felt relaxed, and had determined it not to be a threat, and felt it would be an asset to the team. "so then, what shell we call you" She asked "Geth", "No I mean what shell we call you, the individual in front of me" "We are all connected to this platform, and we are all Geth" Jane was getting frustrated, when Edi came over the comm system "My name is Legion, for we are many" "Well that seems appropriate" Jane smiled "Christian Bible, the Gospel of Mark, chapter five, verse nine. We acknowledge this as an appropriate metaphor " The Geth responded. "Okay then Legion it is" Jane extended her hand.

 Kavis was still waiting, when Jane stepped out of the AI core. "How'ed it go?" Kavis walked up, and placed his forehead on hers. "I was worried" "It went well, looks like we have another team mate." Jane smile "Really? You never cease to amaze me" He chuckled "Let's just hope the Illusive Man is okay with my decision, and the rest of the crew." Jane sighed.  Kavis, and Jane walked off the elevator to their cabin, just as two maintenance men stepped out "Oh Commander, we fix the door to the bathroom in your quarters. "Thank you" "No problem Commander" The two men entered the elevator, as Jane, and Kavis entered the cabin. "I'm going to miss seeing you squeeze through that crack in the door, now that it's fixed" She chuckled at Kavis. "It was harder than you think" Kavis winked. A few moments later Jane's terminal started to blink "Wow, that was fast" She sat down in front of her screen, and opened the  message from the Illusive man. 

Shepard,

I'm pleased that you were able to recover the Reaper IFF, and I've sent Edi all the necessary protocols to get it integrated successfully into the Normandy's systems. With luck, this will give us the ability to get through the Omega-4 relay and take the fight to the Collectors on our own terms.
I've been notified about the intact Geth and your decision to keep it. If you believe that it can be trusted, then go ahead and activate it. Just make sure that Edi is adequately protected against any hacking attempts.
It's not necessarily the decision I would have made, Shepard, but this is your call. You've already cast a wide net in your recruiting efforts, and if the Geth are willing to fight the Collectors, then we can use them on the team. I trust you to get the job done, whatever it takes.  

 "Edi" "Yes Shepard" "The Illusive man has informed me, that he sent you the necessary protocols to integrate the IFF into the Normandy" "Yes he did Commander, but I suggest you take a shuttle on your next mission until I have it working correctly" "Thank you Edi". Jane stood, and walked over to Kavis, and wrapped her arms around him squeezing as tight as she could. "The team is ready, and as soon as Edi has the IFF fully integrated, we'll head through the Omega 4 Relay to the Collector Base" She sighed "Kavis lifted her head, and placed his forehead against hers "You are Commander Shepard, first Human Specter, Savior of the Citadel, and my Bond-Mate, you will get us all through this safely." Jane frowned, she wished she had as much confidence in the success of this mission as he did.