The Collectors

The next morning, Jane was up and dressed before the alarm on her omni tool had a chance to go off. "come on sleepy head, we have a meeting in less than and hour" Jane pulled down the sheet. "I was dreaming" Kavis reached up grabbed her arm, and pulled her on top of him "How about you come back to bed, and help me finish that dream you interrupted" Jane could feel his plates shift. "As much as I would love to spend all day in bed with my lover, fulfilling his wildest dreams, we have a meeting to get to" She swatted him on his back side "So move it soldier" Kavis moaned in protest as she left his arms. "Pulling rank on your Bond-Mate to get out of sex Jane..." Kavis shook his head "that's pretty low babe" Jane rolled her eyes "Not going to work Fedorian" she folded her arms, and frowned " "Hey, can't blame a turian for trying" he smiled. "Nice try" She tossed him his cloths "hurry, or we'll be late" She gave him a grin, and raised an eyebrow "If you behave at the meeting, I'll make it up to you later" "Deal!" Kavis growled as he stood, and quickly dressed. Jane chuckled as she walked over to her desk to grab her files on the Collectors.

Twenty minutes later Jane was walking into the comm room, with Kavis at her side. All eleven of her team mates stopped talking, and glued their eyes on her and Kavis. She could feel the tension in the room, she imagined it had to do more with Kavis at the moment, then the mission at hand. "Good morning everyone" Jane handed out the folders she was carrying. "Before we get started, I'd like to introduce Kavis Fedorian, the newest member of the team, and my Bond-Mate." "Wait" Kasumi laughed "primarch Fedorian's son?" "Bastard Son" Garrus growled, Tali elbowed him "What?" He asked looking sheepish. Zaeed saw Kavis glare at Garrus "This is going to be fun" he roared with laughter looking at Garrus, then back at Kavis. "Well, I think it's great, and I say later tonight, we all get together at my cabin for drinks to congratulate the new couple" Kasumi beamed "Count me in, I wouldn't miss it for the world" Zaeed chuckled. "Free alcohol, I'll be there" Jack smiled "Great, we'll meet at 1900 hours" Kasumi nodded at Jane "Thank you Kasumi, Kavis and I would love to" She said quickly before Kavis could refuse, winning a glare from him.

"Okay everyone, let's get to the matter at hand" Jane shouted over the chatter "Edi has traced the collector's, Edi, bring up the map please" "Yes Shepard" "She traced them to here" Jane pointed to the hologram. "Wait that can't be right" Miranda said squinting her eyes. Kavis leaned in closer "that's through the Omega 4 relay, no ship that has ever traveled through it ever returned" "Edi's never wrong" Jane folded her arms staring at the blinking red dot. "I assure you Commander, my calculations are correct" "Thank you Edi" Jane leaned back to get a better view of the area around the dot on the map. "There must be a way, if the collector ships get in and out safely, than we can too" "An Identify Friend / Foe (IFF) device possibly" Mordin contemplated out loud placing his hand on his chin. "That would make sense commander" Miranda looked over at her. "Okay, Miranda, send the info we have to the Illusive Man, and we'll see what he can come up with" "Right a way Commander" "That's all for now, I expect to see all of you at Kasumi's tonight, dismissed"

Jane and Kavis walked out the door "I was planing on collecting my reward tonight, not going to a party. Now I'm sorry I didn't fly across the meeting table,and choke the life out of Vakarian" Kavis growled as they entered the elevator. "You may be sorry, but I know I'm not, and I'm sure Tali, and Garrus aren't sorry you refrained from murdering one of my team members just before a potential suicide mission" Jane replied sarcastically, Kavis rolled his eyes, and turned his head. "Look at me Kavis" Jane reached up and placed her hand on his cheek turning him to face her "I really am very proud of you for not killing Garrus" She smiled "and, we have all day for you to collect your reward" She winked. Kavis reached down, and scooped her into his arms "I am holding you to that" his chest rumbled causing the familiar warmth to travel through Jane's body. "You can count on it!" When the elevator stopped, Jane walked over to the panel on the door, as Kavis followed her hitting his omni tool "Edi" "yes Mr. Fedorian" "Hold all Commander Shepard's messages, she does not want to be disturbed for the next two hours" "No problem Mr. Fedorian" The cabin door swung open "Only two" Jane grinned "Make that four hours Edi" Kavis growled "Will do Mr. Fedorian". Jane turned, and swung her foot kicking Kavis' legs out from under him, as she growled, and turned striping her cloths as she ran into the cabin. Kavis quickly got up on his hands and knees lunging after her as his eyes clouded over and a roar escaped his throat.

At 1930 Jane, and Kavis were stepping off the elevator heading to Kasumi's cabin, both wearing outfits to show off their recently renewed bond marks. "We're late" Jane frowned "Fashionably late" Kavis contradicted. Just before Jane reached for the door to Kasumi's cabin, Kavis stopped. He smiled with pride as he looked her over. Her amazing auburn hair was in a loose bun on top of her head revealing every scratch, and love bite. He reached down and traced his talon around her bond mark causing Jane to shiver. "You are so beautiful Jane, I am a lucky turian" Jane reached up on her tip toes and kissed him "I'm the lucky one" She grabbed his talon, and they proudly walked threw the door. Garrus could smell her before she stepped in the room. He watched as everyone approached her and Kavis congratulating them. Tali and him were the only ones that didn't move. Tali watched his mandibles twitch as he locked eyes with Kavis. "This is going to be a long night" She thought as she left Garrus, and walked over to congratulate the couple.