Trusting The Enemy

At the end of the night, Kavis' magnetic personality, had won him the friendship of the whole team, well most of the team. "Sorry buddy..." Joker slapped Garrus on the shoulder "Ya have to admit, the guy is pretty amazing" Garrus glared at him "Okay, take it easy Archangel, maybe he's bad in the sex department" Thane leaned forward "Judging by the mating marks all over the commander, and how strong her scent gets when she is around him, I would have to disagree with that" Joker nodded "yeah you're probably right" "Alright, that's enough!" Garrus growled "How bout you two just shut up" Garrus stood, and walked over to Tali "we're leaving" he reached over and grabbed her arm. Everyone stopped laughing, and stared at him. Kavis could feel the room fill with tension, and for some reason at that moment, he felt a little sorry for Garrus "I think Vakarian has the right idea" Kavis grabbed Jane, and threw her over his shoulder. Everyone roared with laughter, shifting their attention away from Garrus. "Good night all, there is a bed waiting for me and my bond mate, and I have no intentions of using it to seep" Kavis growled as the rest of the team shouted and clapped. He turned so Jane was facing everyone "Say goodnight Jane" "Good night Jane." She laughed "thank you Kasumi this was fun, we will have to do it again" "Anytime Shep" Kasumi shouted as the door closed, and they left Garrus, and Tali behind.

Kavis carried Jane to the elevator. "ya know darling..." Jane said in a sloppy southern drawl as Kavis set her feet down on the ground "you were wonderful tonight" Kavis looked down at her, and smiled "And you were perfect" Jane lost her balance, and fell against the wall of the elevator, "aaannd drunk" Kavis helped to steady her "Maybe a little" Jane giggled. He helped her to the door, and punch in her security code. Kavis walked her to the bed, undressed her, then placed his forehead against hers before he gently tucked her under the sheet. Kavis walked around to the other side of the bed, undressed, and crawled in next to her. Jane snuggled up tight against him "Good night Mr. F" Kavis kissed the top of her head "Good night Mrs. F" They both sighed with content and fell asleep.

The next morning, Jane, and Kavis stepped out of the shower, "Your terminal is beeping" Kavis told her as he squeezed through the halfway opened door. "Remind me to have Edi get us a new door" Jane squeezed into the room behind him. "okay, lets see what we got" Jane sat down, and opened her unread message from the illusive man; "Commander Shepard, A Cerberus team is currently investigating a derelict reaper, orbiting the brown dwarf Mnemosyne in the Thorne system. You should be able to acquire a reaper IFF from on board. Edi has the coordinates. I can not express how important it is for the mission that you acquire the IFF, it is the only way the Normandy will be able to pass through the Omega 4 Relay safely. Good luck Commander." "Edi" "Yes Commander" Have everyone meet in the comm room for a mission briefing in one hour" Jane stood, and slipped on a tee shirt and sweat pants "Done Commander" "Thanks Edi".

Jane, and Kavis walked into the comm room, with Jack, and Kasumi right behind them. "Okay everyone, we are going to jump right into this" Jane handed everyone a file. "Edi, bring up the coordinates the Illusive Man uploaded" "right away Commander" "It looks like we lucked out in regards to the IFF, Cerberus is investigating a derelict reaper in the Thorne system. Joker?" "yeah Commander?" "How long before we reach Mnemosyne?" "We'll reach orbit in two hours" "Thanks Joker" Jane leaned forward. "Okay, you heard Joker, we have two hours, Tali, Garrus you're with me, go over the mission file, and meet me at the shuttle in two hours" Garrus smiled "We'll be ready Shepard" Kavis was about to protest, when Jane grabbed his arm without looking at him. "All right everyone dismissed"

Kavis waited until everyone left the room. Jane knew by the look on his face, that he was far beyond angry. When the door shut, Kavis turned to her "Are you out of your mind!?" Jane turned from him, and collected the files from the table "Well, aren't you going to say anything?" Jane sighed "You are upset, I think it would be best if I wait to say what I have to say when you are calmer" "you are damn right I am upset, there is no way I am allowing you to go on any mission with Vakarian!" Jane's face turned red "ALLOW ME!?, DID YOU SAY 'ALLOW ME'!?" Jane slammed her hands on the table, as she lifted her head and looked Kavis in his eyes " I am Commander Jane Shepard, commander of this ship, and 'YOUR' commanding officer, you do not 'ALLOW' me to do anything!" Jane took a deep breath. "If you have a problem with following my orders, or if you feel I am incapable of making decisions based on my military experience, and knowledge of my team mates, then I suggest you excuse yourself from 'MY' team, and leave 'MY' ship the next time we dock!" Kavis stood wide eyed, as she turned and walked out the door leaving him stunned, and speechless.

Jane was so mad, she was shaking as she slammed the files she was carrying on her desk. "How dare he question me!" she hissed through her teeth as she gathered her armor, and headed to the shuttle bay to wait for Garrus, and Tali. Kavis stood alone in the comm room, trying to wrap his thoughts around what just happened. "you behaved like an ass, that's what happened" he said to himself "She is my commanding officer, and my bond-mate, and I openly questioned her decision" He put his head down "What the hell was I thinking?" Kavis got to the shuttle bay just in time to watch Jane disappeared behind the door. Just then Tali, and Garrus walked passed him. "Vakarian" Tali looked at Garrus when she heard his name. "It's okay Tali, I'll be there in a minute" Tali looked at Kavis "Are you sure" 'Yeah" Garrus gave her a reassuring smile. "Fedorian" Garrus said turning to face him. Garrus saw the panic in his eyes as he looked from the shuttle bay door, and back at him. "I just want to say..." Kavis put his head down, and felt a knot rise in his throat. Garrus knew exactly how he was feeling, he felt the same way every time Shepard left him behind on a mission, like he was the only one that could keep her safe. "Garrus reached up and placed his hand on Kavis' shoulder "I got her" Kavis looked up giving him a weary smile, and nodded. Garrus left him standing outside the shuttle bay as he walked through the doors to where Shepard and Tali were waiting.