Past feelings but no regrets

Rido and Athena finished there deed in town with the witch they were scheduled to see who was hexed by another witch. Normally your suppose to kill the witch who casted the spell but sometimes you can do other things like render the witch powerless. Athena tried her best the past thousands of years to not kill people especially when they were supernatural creatures like her. They were holding each other close thinking about the past fifteen years and in that time frame they actually did try to be together however you can't force someone to love you. Rido began to understand what kind of person he use to be and now that he had Athena in his life he didn't want to do the same thing he did to his sister Juri.

They were just sitting there then Athena spoke:

" Rido I know things have been very stained in our relationship but I know sometime in the future you will make a woman very happy"

" Athena your special to me but I realize that I can't force you to love me and I just want your happiness. These past fifteen years have been the best time of my life and you taught a different kind of love which made see your heart belongs to someone else. I would be lying if I didn't say I wasn't jealous but you have see and done more to help other for thousands of year you been on this earth so I do hope you not what you want but what you need"

" I understand that and I'm glad you have been here with me but I wasn't lying when I said you will make a woman happy someday. I do see you and another woman happy together but I see what you mean they never said love was easy . There are different types of love from complicated to friendship that blooms even if there's no romantic feelings attached"

" Geez.. what would I do without you?"

" Well think of it this way what wouldn't you do without me?"

" Cryptic much... you're right what would my life be like without you"

" Well you might be six feet under stuck in purgatory with that ex fiancee of yours and your family might be there still angry with you"

" You don't have to be specific ... I wasn't really looking for an answer"

" I see.. our past feelings have changed but  I have no regrets "

" Really ... are you sure I was quite the bad boy"

" shut up that's not what lies inside your heart  but yes I'm sure"

They walked back to the little manor near by there village but Athena was called back to the academy to finish paperwork for the boys. Rido work as a blacksmith started to piled up so he had to stay this time  but he wished her luck dealing with Kaname and Zero.