targeted

Athena p.o.v

It's been few days since I last saw Kaname or Zero and my sons don't know what I'm up to because I don't like them to worry. My sons are sensitive to my emotions so I try not to let my uncertainties show but lately I don't understand my purpose am I just a guide or someone of important because I'm the only human immortal. I don't understand love fully but I do know this I want both vampires to be honest how they really feel and I heard what happened with Yuki so I don't know what I should be saying to Kaname.

At first I thought he was using me to replace my daughter but I realized may be that's I was doing the same when we first met at the academy those years ago. Zero I felt his pain before with my first love he was actually was once the first hunting families which was why I wanted to help Zero at first. The truth is feeling something for both men but i know I can't have both and it hurts when I think how suddenly they shifted all there emotions from Yuki to me. I know I'm not like her and I believe there's different kinds of love so why does things have to be complicated.

For the past fifteen years I wasn't hiding in Ireland but it was one of my original places I was welcomed as an immortal without people getting to suspicious. Lately I have been targeted by all kind of creatures some form envy and other because they want to kill me for existing but I don't want others to deal with my problem which is why I chose to send my sons to the academy. I don't want them to know why I chose to protect them from people's hearts  filled with hate and misunderstanding life as they know it.

Since I have been coming back to the academy the hunt to either capture or kill me has been put on hold but I can't help feeling they always send someone to watch me waiting for the perfect opportunity to take me away . I don't want to be used for my blood or abilities but as old as I am I still fear from time to time and it's never for my own sake. My daughter feared for my life and so did my first love  but with them both gone do I have a chance to love or am I doomed to become someone's science experiment until I can't no longer have my sanity.

Athena just left her room at a different place because she was being followed and even as an immortal her humanity showed too much as a weakness or was it her greatest strength. She wasn't paying attention lost in thought when suddenly she was hit head in the back of the head and blood poured down her face before she passed out.