Athena's past memory

Kaname still had Athena laying in his lap and he eventually fell asleep with her which was rare because he doesn't like sleeping unless he's comfortable. Athena unconsciously pulled Kaname's sleeping form into her memory of her and Her daughter Eve ( the hooded woman).

The weather was foggy outside almost like it was going to rain and the field was open with dying grass. Athena stood next to her Daughter it had been a few years since they seen each other and Athena knew the reason she was there now. Eve planned to sacrifice her self so the hunters had weapons to kill vampires and Athena wanted to stop her but knew if she didn't her daughter would hate her. They turned toward each other :

" Mother I know  that you know what I plan to do with my life"

" Indeed I do as much as I want to stop you , I know hurting your feelings would be worse but what if the man you told me about"

" I do love him but this is what I want to do to help our cause and if he knows that I love him he should support my decision"

" Love isn't easy for us and this man I know he's the first person you have really felt love for but remember this ' Do let them see your fear Eve"

" Its kind of strange you say that mother "

" Oh why is that?"

" I said the same to him a few times but I know he will be lonely when I'm gone. There's a favor I want to ask of you mother"

" Yes what is it?"

" I know you both will be lonely in the near future so can you please watch over him for me. I know it's not in your nature to intervene too much because of who you are but this is all I ask of you"

" Of course my child but I understand what you mean and I suppose it's okay to change some people's fates just to see what truly  lies inside their heart"

" As wise as always mother .. this is the last time I will see you I know this won't be easy but I love you mother so please keep your promise"

" Okay go before you change your mind"

Eve rode off into the night towards the furnace that she threw her heart in which when that Athena collapsed crying on her knees . She hadn't cried liked that since her whole family died those many centuries before and she had her moments were so never understood why they all left her alone.  Kaname was pulled back to the real world with Athena still in his arms and he brushed hair away from her face as much as she remembered him of her they were very different people. Eve was his first love but Athena understood the same loneliness and yet she carried herself like she wanted save others even if she didn't have to.