Seven

FLASHBACK
SOPHOMORE YEAR
MONET'S CAFE
IMOGEN'S POV

"Yeah, Kat was the best. . When she moved, I just. . Yeah, well it sucked." Hannah explained.

Over drinks of hot chocolate, Hannah, Jessica and I were sharing our sad ending friendship stories. I never knew Kat, outside of being my best friend's girlfriend, and we talked a few times, but we weren't friends. Jessica nodded her head, a sympathetic look in her eyes.

"I leave friends behind every two years. We're always moving." She said.

"Parents on the lam?" I asked her.

"Dad in the Air Force." She said, and I guess that makes a lot more sense, but that has to suck. Not being able to stay in a place for too long, you can't get used to it, you can't call a place home. Always having to pack and unpack an entire house.

It must be exhausting.

"So you're always the new kid." Hannah said to her, and Jessica nodded her head.

"At least you're not the freak show who had a 'panic attack' in the middle of freshman year, and finally decided to show back up for sophomore year." I said, shrugging my shoulders, and both girls raised an eyebrow.

"I didn't hear anyone say anything like that today." Jessica said.

"Yeah, same here." Hannah agreed.

"Because, the nice jocks on jock row I told you about, shut down any negative talk they hear about me as soon as they hear it." I said, shrugging my shoulders and they smiled at me.

"I had a good friend like that once, Amy. I told her everything, including my series of embarrassing sex dreams featuring various Avengers, including Scarlett Johansson. Then one day, you know, the moving trucks come, and I'm like, 'Bye, don't tell anyone about that Scarlett Johansson thing!' But she post about it because that's the only communication you have anymore, and then I realized, she wasn't as good of a friend as I thought." Jessica said.

"And let me guess, it ended up getting around your new school." I said, and she nodded her head.

"And gets completely twisted." Jessica said.

"So you end up, that girl." Hannah said.

"I am so that girl." Jessica said, and I sighed while shaking my head.

"Advice for Liberty. . be careful what you do, who you hang out with, what you say and who you trust. Rumors are started and spread like wildfire in that school." I said, taking a sip of the hot chocolate I had in front of me, and both girls nodded their heads.

"I'm that other girl." Hannah said.

"And I'm that other other girl." I said and the three of us laughed.

"Stupid Mrs. Antilly." Hannah said when we all took sips of our hot chocolate and set our cups down, but we were all smiling at each other.

"Bitch is good at her job." Jessica spoke.

"Too good."