Twelve

PRESENT TIME
JUNIOR YEAR
IMOGEN'S BEDROOM
TAPE 2, SIDE B
THIRD PERSON'S POV

"Shh. . for this next one, you need to be very, very quiet. Because you're about to do something very wrong. Be careful, and don't get caught. Have you ever wondered what it would feel like to watch someone? To invade someone's privacy? Do you wonder what secrets you might uncover? What skeletons you might turn up? Well, for this next one you're about to find out. A-4 on your map, kids."

❚❚

What the hell?

Was the only thing Imogen thought to herself. Groaning as she got out of bed, she decided she would actually follow Hannah's map, but the beginning of this tape, made her a little sketchy about where she was going. Now, unlike Clay, she couldn't just walk out of the front door, but maybe she could. She threw on some leggings and one of Justin's hoodies and she put the tape recorder in the pocket and hid her headphones.

When she walked downstairs, her parents were on the couch, watching TV. "Imo, what are you still doing up?" Her mother asked, as her father looked over at her as well.

"I can't sleep. . can I take a walk? I promise I'll stay in the neighborhood." She said, and her parents looked at each other, before looking at her, and her dad nodded.

"You have your phone on you, right?" He asked, and she nodded her head, pulling it out of the pocket of the hoodie she was wearing.

"Right here." She said.

"Okay, be safe, and seriously, stay in the neighborhood." Her mother said, and she nodded her head before walking out of the front door.

"That was easier than expected." She whispered to herself. As Imogen walked through her neighborhood, on her way to A-4 on the map, she knew she was going to have to leave her neighborhood, but if her parents thought she was just looping around, she would be fine, except, she had a better idea.

She turned back around and went to the direction of her house, and she grabbed Clay's bike that he had on the side of the house, that would make all of this a lot easier. So, she hopped on her brother's bike, and made her way to Hannah's location as the tape continued to play in her ears. She noticed all the Halloween decorations up, which would soon be passed by Christmas decorations since people seem to forget Thanksgiving is right in between.

"Now, don't say you're too afraid or that you don't feel comfortable doing this kind of thing, because guess what? You spy on people everyday. We're always watching someone. Following someone. And being followed. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram. . they've made us a society of stalkers. And we love it. Of course, stalking someone in real life is a whole 'nother thing. That's right, I had a stalker."

❚❚ 

When Imogen got to A-4, she wasn't entirely surprised. She knew that this person was creepy and weird, but she didn't think this person would end up on the list of why Hannah killed herself. I mean, in the case of stalking, wouldn't she just go to the police and say 'hey, I have a stalker, this is who it is.' I mean, it's not like the police wouldn't believe her, everyone in Crestmont knew this person was creepy, and the house that Imogen Jensen now stood at?

Tyler Down.

She noticed a part of his window had duct tape over a board, someone must've gotten angry and obviously threw a rock in his window. She wondered if it were her brother. Now it made sense to her, when a picture of Tyler started to spread around the school. She had no idea who did it at the time, but now she's thinking it might've been Clay. He loved Hannah, and she noticed for a second, that her brother was starting to spiral out of control.