Twenty-Five

PRESENT TIME
HO CAVE
IMOGEN'S POV

"We got it! Prom is on!" I proudly announced to the girls when I walked inside of the HO Cave the next day at school. Bolan wanted 24 hours and that's what he got. The girls looked up like they couldn't believe what I was telling them.

"What?" One asked. And then they all started cheering and making plans while I walked over to Jessica and Ani so I could sit with them.

"What?" Jessica asked.

"Oh, well, I mean, it's not like I'm going. Another big victory, yet I am the loser, yet again." I said while shrugging my shoulders, and then I sighed. "You know, I'm just going to quit politics and marry rich," I said and Jessica laughed a little. I always envisioned going to senior prom with Justin, but since he relapsed and was giving me the cold shoulder, I figured, what's the point in going?

But I was happy I could get prom back for everyone else.

"Yeah, that'll go well. You know, rich people in general, are aces..." Ani said and I nodded my head.

"Yeah..." I said and then I had an idea as I looked at Jessica. "Wait, Jess, why don't you just go to prom with me?" I asked her and Jessica looked over at me as she shook her head.

"Oh no... no, no... we're not doing the whole pathetic friends thing," Jessica said while shaking her head.

"Okay, so let's do the fucking not pathetic friends thing... Jessica Davis!" I exclaimed.

"Oh my god..." She said.

"You and I have fought like lovers, especially during sophomore year when FML first fell apart. Now I've talked sex with you more than I have with any man, and most of my closest friends and ex-boyfriend were jocks. I believe I have had a crush on you since the first time I saw you in Mrs. Antilly's office. So will you Jessica Davis, not as friends, not as girlfriends, but as you and me... will you go to prom with me?" I asked.

Jessica looked shocked while I only smiled at her. Honestly, I'm so glad Jessica and I were able to make it through everything we went through after Hannah committed suicide. The second half of junior year, when it was just me, her, and Alex all the time, I don't think I would've made it through junior year without the two of them. They're both truly my best-est friends.

We've been through so much together.

"I... What are you doing?" Jessica asked as I grabbed a stool and stood on top of it.

"You're just too good to be true. Can't take my eyes off of you. You'd be like heaven to touch..." I paused on my song as I sat down on the table in front of Jessica and laid my hand on her cheek. "I want to hold you so much. At long last...-" Jessica finally cut me off and she was laughing.

"...-Okay! Okay! Okay! Fine, fine, yes! Yes! I'll go to prom with you." Jessica said and I wrapped my arms mainly around her head since I was sitting over the top of her and I hugged her as the girls started clapping. Some of them were recording. "You have a really good singing voice," Jessica said as I lifted my head from on top of hers.

"Oh, thank you. You know, I expect a limo." I said and Jessica laughed.

"Fine."

―