Thirty-Seven

FLASHBACK
LIBERTY HIGH SCHOOL
TAPE 6, SIDE B
THIRD PERSON'S POV

"Now. . this next person, you guys may have guessed who it is, because she's been mentioned on other tapes before this one, but this one. . this one is just for her. Imogen Jensen, welcome to your tape. Where should I begin? I mean, you guys already know about, Monet's, and how I said Imogen stuck with me for awhile, but not for long. You were there for me through the hot or not list, and then when the picture came out. . and rumors came out, that's when things started to get weird. You stood up for me at the dance, with the things that Monty said, but after the dance, that's when everything changed."

❚❚

Imogen Jensen stood at her locker, with her newish boyfriend Justin Foley standing with her. She had her back against her locker and Justin had one hand resting on her locker as he was leaning over her, and whispering random stuff into her ear to make her laugh, they were purposely trying to look like that annoyingly sickening high school couple. Justin leaned down and gave her a kiss, the smile never leaving her face.

"Alright you two, it's sickening, please break it up." Jeff Atkins' voice came from down the hallway as he approached the two of them, and Justin laughed, pushing himself off of the locker to stand up straight as he and Jeff did a little handshake.

"Ah, you're just jealous Atkins, she's my girl and not yours." Justin teased and the three of them laughed, while Jeff shook his head.

"Oh come on, Foley. . we all know Imogen will always be my girl." Jeff said, and Justin held his hands up in defense.

"Can't argue with that." He said, as the rest of the boys and Jessica and Sheri came walking up.

"Well, well, if it isn't my favorite threesome." Bryce Walker said, and Imogen rolled her eyes.

"Bryce, could you be anymore disgusting?" Jeff asked.

"If he tried, probably." Justin said, and Bryce rolled his eyes.

"Yeah. . yeah. Guys, did you hear all that shit about Hannah at the dance? Courtney said that in that picture it was Hannah and some girl named Laura and they asked her for a threesome." Bryce said, and Imogen rolled her eyes.

"Of course you would believe that shit, Bryce." Imogen said.

"Why? You don't?" He asked, and Imogen rolled her eyes.

"You of all people should know how a picture can be taken out of context. . because isn't that what you did with the picture Justin showed you?" Imogen said.

"Look, I just sent it around, wasn't my fault what everyone was making up about it." He said, and Imogen laughed and rolled her eyes.

"Why did you feel the need to send it around in the first place, it was none of your business, it wasn't your picture, and it was a total violation of Hannah's privacy and decency." She snapped at him and Bryce rolled his eyes and looked at Justin.

"You better get your girl under control, Justy." Bryce said, and Imogen scoffed while Jeff stepped up.

"How about you leave? Because you're not going to stand there and disrespect her like that, to her face or to mine." Jeff said. It seemed like Jeff was the only guy who wasn't afraid to stick up to Bryce, everyone else just sits back and let's him say and do whatever, but not Jeff.

Especially when it comes to Imogen.

Then Hannah Baker came walking down the hall and Imogen excused herself from the crowd of people she was with and walked over to her. "Hannah, hey." She said, and the brunette stopped, surprised that Imogen was even talking to her.