Eleven

PRESENT TIME
OUTHOUSE
IMOGEN'S POV

"I was just out for a run..." Clay said when he and our dad walked in the out-house.

"I found him on Navy Pier this time, just standing there," Dad said and my eyes widened. Why the hell would Clay go down to Navy Pier. For those who need a reminder, Navy Pier is the Pier that I accidentally pushed Bryce over which led to his death, so... why the hell would Clay be there?

"I lost track of time. That's all. I... How did you even find me, anyway?" Clay asked which is also a good question because Clay doesn't tell us where he's going to run.

"Clay, last week you go out running and you wind up in front of Bryce's old house, and now you're at the place where he got killed?" Mom asked. This is very suspicious of how Clay keeps ending up in these places that have to do with Bryce, but it's even more suspicious how Mom and Dad know.

"I... I didn't mean to go there. I just... I kept running, and I didn't hear my phone, 'cause I was... I was thinking." Clay said.

"Well, um... we told you that we were going to be doing random drug testing on you three while Justin was still in the program, and now seems like as good a time as any." My mom said as she grabbed the home drug-test kit.

"Mom, seriously? Right now?" I asked. I mean, I'm clean. The only drug I've done is drinking, so that won't show up.

"Yes, right now. Is that a problem?" She asked.

"No... no, it's not a problem." Justin said while shaking his head.

"Jesus, you're overreacting." Clay said.

"We just want to make sure you kids are being safe, okay? We want to know we can trust you." Dad said and I looked at him and raised an eyebrow.

"Now when have I ever done anything to make me not worthy of trust?" I asked.

"When you lied and said you were sleeping at Jessica's, but you were really at Zach's when Clay first snuck Justin in here." Mom said and I laughed a little.

"Yeah... but I wasn't doing drugs." I said.

"And, if you trusted us, you wouldn't be testing us in the first place." Clay said.

"Okay, Clay, that's enough. You're up first." Mom said while handing Clay the cup which he slightly snatched out of her hand. After he went, then Justin went, and then I went. Once we got the results back, they weren't happy. Two tests were clean and one was not.

I definitely know it wasn't mine.

"I mean, the test must be... expired or something." Clay said and Dad shook his head.

"No, the tests are fine," Dad said.

"Then he must've switched the samples..." Clay said while looking over at Justin.

"Clay, are you being serious right now?" I snapped at him. That was completely out of line.

"How would I have switched the samples?" Justin asked.

"I don't know. I'm sure it's something you would know." Clay snapped back. Honestly, this was awful. Clay was being disgustingly disrespectful towards Justin.

"What does that even mean?" Justin asked and then he looked at my parents. "Guys, I have been going to all my meetings. I have been checking in with the counselors. I'm doing good." Justin said.

"And I believe him. I mean, you can look at him and tell that he's doing good. The only person in this room that is close to a mental breakdown is Clay." I said.