Sixteen

BOXING GYM
IMOGEN'S POV

After the funeral I came to the boxing gym, which was closed for the day, since Tony was brought down to the station and when Caleb let me in, he said that Tony still wasn't back. I was freaking out. I know for a fact that Tony didn't kill Bryce. Tony has two strikes, he would never risk his own life over killing Bryce Walker.

"So you haven't heard from him at all?" I asked Caleb and he shook his head.

"Not since he first called me when they first brought him there, and I'm really starting to worry." Caleb said, which made me sigh. "Are you okay though? How was the funeral?" He asked, and I rolled my eyes.

"It was going fine, until mine and Jessica's HO organization decided to go through with their protest of Bryce after we specifically told them not to." I said, and Caleb frowned.

"I'm sorry." He said, and then I noticed two people standing at the door and of course, it was Clay and Ani.

"Oh look, my brother and his nosy ass girlfriend are here." I said. Caleb gave me a look before letting them inside of the gym, and they immediately started asking questions about Tony. Well Ani did.

This girl never takes a break.

"So he's there all alone? Why didn't he call anyone?" Ani asked.

"He called Caleb." I said.

"And they've still. . they've still got him there?" Clay asked.

"Yes." Caleb said.

"Does he have a lawyer?" Ani asked.

"Yes." I snapped. I could tell Caleb was just as annoyed with the questions as I was.

"Caleb, what the hell? Why did they bring him in?" Ani asked, as Caleb and I just continued to walk in front of them.

"It was a misunderstanding." Caleb said.

"Where'd his family move to?" Clay asked. Caleb and I looked at each other knowing the answer to that. Tony's family didn't just up and leave Evergreen County, they were forced out. Since unlike Clay, I actually show up for Tony more than when I need a favor, you learn a thing or two, and on a particular bad day, I learned that Tony's family got picked up by ICE.

They got deported at the end of the summer.

The only ones here are him and his sister, because they were born here, they are legal residents of the United States. Tony's little sister lives with their Aunt and Uncle now, and since Tony's 18, he lives with Caleb.

"Clay, you really have to talk to him about that." I said.

"Wait, you know what happened to his family?" Clay asked.

"Yes." I said.

"But like she said. You need to talk to him." Caleb said.

"I can't right now. Why did Bryce have his Mustang?" Clay asked. This time Caleb stopped walking and turned around to face my brother, which made me stop walking, and I sighed. Bryce had it because Tony sold it to him to pay for a lawyer in his family's case against ICE. "Did he steal it?" Clay asked.

"No, Clay. Tony sold it to him."

THE CRESTMONT
IMOGEN'S POV

I couldn't stick around for Caleb telling them the whole story, because I had to get to work. Charlie and I were both cleaning up front, and I was wiping off the glass that the candy is behind, since finger prints are on it nearly everyday. "Justin. Hey, how's it going?" I heard Charlie say, and when I looked up, sure enough, Justin was approaching us.