Two

PRESENT TIME
THE OUTHOUSE
IMOGEN'S POV

"So that's why we had Charlie take Tyler home. Look... I don't think we have much to worry about... Honestly," Ani explained. Now left at the outhouse was just, Clay, Ani, Zach, Tony, Alex, Jessica, Justin, and myself. Ani explained that Clay had to take Tyler down to the police station earlier today because they found the guns that Tony and Clay stupidly threw in the water. They weren't able to trace the fingerprints back to Tyler because of how long the guns had been underwater.

But, they traced the bag they were in back to Tyler. So, they knew the guns were his.

"How do we know he told you the truth about what happened in there with the cops?" Tony asked and that was a good point, but also at the same time, why would Tyler lie?

"Why would he lie?" Clay asked.

"To save himself," I said while shrugging my shoulders.

"Yeah, so I got him home safe. He seemed pretty calm." Charlie said when he walked back inside of the outhouse. Honestly, ever since Charlie turned against Monty and started helping Tyler out more after he came forward about Monty assaulting him, I really have started to like him and was able to admit, I had been a little judgmental in the beginning.

We're genuinely friends now, and I love that kid.

"How the fuck is he calm?" Tony asked.

"Tyler doesn't want the truth to come out any more than we do. He did the best he could with the cops, all things considered." Ani said.

"Okay, let's say he's telling the truth. Just because he thinks he fooled the cops, doesn't mean that he actually did. What if they're watching him now?" Tony asked.

"What if they're watching all of us?" Jessica asked.

"Yeah, that's what I don't get. Even if the cops didn't believe Tyler's excuse about the guns, how does that lead them to us or anything about Bryce?" Charlie asked and that was an equally good question.

"Tyler knows about Bryce. Tyler's in trouble for the guns. Tyler turns on all of us to save himself." Tony said. Honestly, I don't think Tyler would do that. I don't think he would just turn on us like that.

"He'd never do that." Clay said.

"Are you sure?" Jessica asked.

"Tyler called Clay when he needed help. I think we can trust him." Charlie said.

"Thanks, Cookies, but it's not that fucking simple," Jessica said as she shook her head. "Some of us are accessories after the fact to murder," Jessica said and I frowned.

"Hey, I planted evidence. I'm an accessory. We all are." Charlie said and I shook my head.

"Not me," I said and then everyone looked over at me. I'm not an accessory, I'm the one who did it, which is much worse than being an accessory.

"Imogen, you know Tyler wouldn't want to hurt you, right? Or any of us, but especially you, I mean, you were the first person that he told about Monty assaulting him..." Charlie said and I shook my head.

"If you want to be technical. Bryce was the first person that he told. Clay and I were the second." I corrected.

"With all due respect, you don't know him well enough to say that," Tony said.

"Actually, I feel like I do. I mean, us three, we've been hanging out, like, every night, he's our friend." Charlie said. The other thing about Charlie is, we're the main ones he hangs out with, but he's a junior, so once we all graduate, he's going to be on his own, which I feel bad about.