Eight

PRESENT TIME
JUNIOR YEAR
LIBERTY HIGH SCHOOL CLASSROOM
IMOGEN'S POV

Jessica and I quickly walked inside of the classroom she knew Alex would be in this period. Right when we walked in, Zach was helping Alex into his seat, which made me feel bad that we were going to make him get right back up.

"Hey, guys. What are you doing right now? Want to ditch with us?" I asked.

"Definitely, is everything okay?" Alex asked, starting to stand back up from his seat on his own.

"Yeah, totally. . we just need to get out of here." I said.

"Guys, I cannot skip this class." Zach said.

"Zach, we need you!" Jessica said.

"You need my car." Zach said.

"Both!" I exclaimed, then I looked at Zach with a frown. "Look, if we can't have you, can we. . maybe. ." Zach sighed while reaching into his pocket for his keys.

"Okay, but only if Imogen drives." Zach said, which made me smile.

"It's an automatic, my right foot works." Alex said, which made Zach look at him as I took the keys from Zach's hands.

"Imogen drives." He said.

"Thank you, Dad Zach." I said, leaning up to kiss his cheek. He handed Jess Alex's bag, then the three of us turned to leave the room, but Zach gently grabbed my elbow and held me back.

"You sure everything is okay?" He asked me.

"Chlöe stopped Jessica and I. . saying there's a party at Bryce's house this weekend and she wants us to meet some guys, because we need 'legit' boyfriends. I can't even think about all of that. ." I said, shaking my head.

Zach wrapped an arm around me while he chuckled. "You don't have to do anything you don't want to do. How about you and I hang out this weekend?" He asked.

"Won't Bryce want his 'best friend' at his party?" I asked.

"You are my best friend, Mimi. . now go, Jess and Alex are waiting. Please be safe and don't wreck my car." He said before leaning down to kiss my forehead.

"I promise, we'll be fine."

ZACH'S CAR

I was driving, Jess was in the passenger seat, and Alex was in the back. Zach has a convertible, that's why I love his car so much. I also love when he lets me drive it, which is usually only when he's in the car with me, so he must really trust me since he's letting me drive it without him in it. I've never wrecked it before, so why would I switch up now?

"This car is insane!" Jessica exclaimed as I drove down the road. Of course I had the top down so we could feel the wind in our hair, and it was more freeing to drive this way.

"Shouldn't we steal it and do a road trip across the country?" Alex said.

"Yes, running from the law like Thelma and Louise." Jessica said.

"But there's three of us." I commented.

"So you two can be Thelma and Louise and I will be the add on with bum legs and boy parts." Alex said which made us both laugh.

"It sounds so sexy when you say it like that." Jessica said, which made me smile. I've noticed her and Alex starting to flirt with each other again, and I think it would be cute if they got back together.