Two

PRESENT TIME
EIGHT MONTHS LATER
THIRD PERSON'S POV

Imogen Jensen and Jessica Davis stood at their lockers, which were right next to each others, not saying much. There wasn't anything to say. They had the Homecoming game this past weekend, and. . things didn't go exactly as they had been planned. The newer girl, Ani approached the two girls.

"Jess. . Imogen." She whispered. Both girls looked over at her, not happy to see her at all.

"If you're here to apologize about the homecoming game. .-" Imogen started to say, but Ani cut her off.

". .-The police took your brother." Ani quickly said back, which caused Imogen to shut her locker and her eyes widened.

"What?!" She exclaimed.

"Just now. I saw them out front." Ani said.

"Shit. Why now? It's November. Spring Fling was last April." Jessica said, and Imogen sighed. You see, they thought the police were here because of how Imogen and Clay helped Tyler get away from the dance before he killed anyone.

"But if it's about Spring Fling. . wouldn't they have wanted me too? I was right outside with Clay." Imogen said, and Jessica sighed as she looked at her best friend.

"I don't know."

SCHOOL LIBRARY

Imogen walked into the library where she saw Zach Dempsey sitting with some of the other football guys. Of course he was at the end of the table because of his crutches. Imogen walked up to the table and laid her bag down on the table with a thud causing them all to look up.

"Do you mind?" She slightly snapped. All of the football players except Zach stood up and walked away and Imogen sat down across from him.

"What the hell do you want, Imogen?" Zach asked Imogen. Lately, the two best friends haven't been on the best of terms. Ever since what happened at Homecoming. Zach wasn't too happy with her about it.

"The cops took Clay." Imogen said, which made Zach's entire demeanor change. "They perp-walked him out of school. Ani saw just now." She continued.

"Shit!" He whispered, sitting up more in his seat and leaning forward on the table. "Do you think they know. . about. . Tyler?" Zach asked, and Imogen shrugged her shoulders.

"Do you think so? Did you tell them?" Imogen asked. Eight months ago, when Imogen, Clay, Justin and Jessica all met at Monet's after it happened. Justin told them that Zach told him he was the one who called the police.

"Are you fucking serious, Immy? No, of course I didn't tell them." Zach said.

"Really? 'Cause. . you've been pretty hostile to everyone lately." Imogen said, and Zach shook his head.

"No, I've been pretty hostile to you lately." Zach said, and Imogen rolled her eyes while taking a deep breath. "Plus, this whole Tyler thing happened seven months ago. Why would I say anything now?" He asked.

"Why else would they want Clay?" She asked.

"How would I know?" Zach asked.

"Did something happen this weekend? What did you do after the Homecoming game?" Imogen asked. Everyone in their friend group all did very different things after that crazy night at the Homecoming game. Zach turned back to his crutch and pointed to it before looking back at Imogen.