Thirty-Two

FLASHBACK
VERY BEGINNING OF JUNIOR YEAR
LIBERTY HIGH SCHOOL BASEBALL FIELD
THIRD PERSON'S POV

immyjen02: Jeff Atkins, you will always be my bestest friend in life, my partner in crime, my soulmate, my sugar daddy and my playboy for as long as I live

immyjen02: Jeff Atkins, you will always be my bestest friend in life, my partner in crime, my soulmate, my sugar daddy and my playboy for as long as I live. I hate that I'm starting a school year without you, but I'm going to do this for you. I did and always will love you more than life itself. I already miss you so much my angel. xoxo Mimi 💎💘
[jeffatkins]
mount.gomery_, itsfoley, cheerstojess, and 2,067 others liked.
comments on this post have been disabled

She couldn't do it.

Imogen Jensen barely made it past third period before she had to walk out of school and break down on her own. All she kept seeing everywhere were posters about not drinking and driving, and everyone in school was talking about how Jeff was driving drunk and that's what caused his accident, but Imogen was with him, right before he left.

She knew he wasn't drunk.

She walked out onto the bleachers that were by the baseball field, she could see Jeff out there, playing the game he loved and winking at her when he saw her. The memories started to overwhelm her, and she put her head in her hands and cried. She couldn't handle it. It was overwhelming, walking past jock row and not seeing Jeff standing with Justin, Bryce, Zach and Monty, she couldn't handle it. He should be here.

He promised her that he would.

"Mimi." Imogen recognized Monty's voice, but she didn't look up. She's cried in front of him before, but she was an absolute mess and didn't want him to see it. Instead, he sat down next to her, and wrapped an arm around her. Like she was, Monty was very close to Jeff, he saw Jeff as his brother, and now he just lost him, he was trying to hold it together.

All of Imogen's friends were trying to hold it together for her.

"He promised me he would come back." She whispered to him, and Monty frowned, pulling the girl into his arms. Imogen buried her head into Montgomery's neck and started to cry, and her tears lasted most of that period, they heard the bell ring, but they didn't move.

"Everyone was saying he was driving drunk, and it makes me so angry." Monty whispered.

"At Jeff. . or at them?" She asked.

"At me. . I should've been paying more attention while I was there, maybe if I would've seen him trying to leave, I could've stopped him, or at least gone with him and I could've drove so he wouldn't have to." He said, and Imogen shook her head.

"Monty. . he wasn't drunk. I was with him right before he left. You know I know drunk Jeff from sober Jeff and he was definitely sober Jeff. I just want to punch everyone in their mouth who keeps saying that he was drunk, he wasn't!" She exclaimed, throwing her hands up and Monty nodded.