Forty-Two

MONET'S CAFE
IMOGEN'S POV
TAPE 7, SIDE A

Zach texted me and said that him and some other people that were on the tapes were going to meet up and talk about what to do about the subpoenas. I asked if Justin was going to be there and he said no, so he picked me up and now I was sitting at Monet's with Zach of course, Marcus, Courtney, Ryan and Alex. Zach asked me on the way over if I was going to pass the tapes along to the next person.

Tape 13 is about Bryce. I haven't gotten too far to know what he did, but I know it's his tape. I don't know who 14 is, but I know Hannah wants the tapes to go through all 14 of us, but if I give the tapes to Bryce, whoever the last person is will never hear them because we all know Bryce won't pass them on.

So, I don't know what to do.

"The first thing we need to do is find out what they know." Marcus said, and I rolled my eyes.

"Or the first thing we need to do is tell the truth." Alex said, and me and Zach nodded our heads in agreement with him.

"I'm with Alex." Zach said.

"Me too." I said.

"I don't think it's as easy as you think. What exactly is the truth?" Marcus said and I scoffed.

"You know exactly what the truth is Marcus, you're just such an egotistical and hypocritical person that would would never admit it." I snapped at him.

"Profound Marcus, truly profound." Ryan said.

"And bullshit." Zach added.

"Oh my gosh. . how did you find us?" When the words left Courtney's mouth, I looked up and saw that Tyler had approached our table and he was standing between Alex and Zach. Zach was sitting in between me and Alex, so Tyler wasn't as close to me.

"I deserve to be here." Tyler said.

"No, you don't." Courtney said.

"Oh, because you don't like me, Courtney? Because I embarrass you? I'm getting it worse than any of you." Tyler said, and I rolled my eyes.

"Well maybe you should've thought of that before you decided to camera stalk Hannah." I said, and Tyler gave me a look and I shrugged my shoulders.

"Let him stay." Alex said.

"Yeah, and Courtney, how did you get to run this meeting anyway? It's not the fucking dance committee." Zach said, and me and Ryan laughed.

"Yeah, because she barely runs that either." I said, and Zach and Ryan both laughed, but Courtney's gaze was focused on Zach.

"I sit, or I start taking pictures." Tyler said, and I groaned.

"Gosh. . you are such a fucking creep. Just sit down and shut up." I snapped at him.

"And calm down." Marcus said.

"I think it's clear what they know. I mean, look around. What do we all have in common?" Ryan asked, and Marcus shook his head.

"We don't know who all got the subpoenas. Sheri didn't get one." Marcus said.

"Yeah, because she deserves to be in jail for a whole different reason." I muttered and Zach wrapped one of his arms around my shoulders and let his hand rest on my arm, near my shoulder and I gave him a small smile.

"Or she didn't get one, yet." Ryan said.

"I told her to come anyway. Maybe she's hoping she'll avoid the whole thing." Marcus said.