Chapter 7

"So, I expect you all to bring the controls for your science fair projects on Friday..."

I tuned out my science teacher, not wanting to listen to him rambling. Mr. Howell always spoke a small, quiet voice so you could hardly hear what he was saying. When you asked him how the procedure went, he always answered with "I don't know. Why don't you check in the book?"

"Luke," Michael whispered next to me. "We have to turn in our hypothesis for our science fair project."

I snapped out of my thoughts, and I saw Mr. Howell looking at me expectantly. "I—I have it," I muttered, rummaging through my backpack to give my science teacher the sheet of paper. Science wasn't my best class, but I carried a 'B', which was all right with me. The only problem was that there was the occasional homework assignment I never turned in, not to mention that Mr. Howell hated my guts.

I gave Mr. Howell the paper and he took it with an exasperated sigh. I turned to Michael who was sitting right next to me, working on his notebook. He was working on his conclusion for the previous experiment that we did. Sometimes I was envious of Michael. He was always on top of himself when it came to school. He had perfect grades, and he was valedictorian at the moment. If he didn't mess up for the rest of the year, he would receive a trophy at graduation. And then there was me, who most likely not graduating at all. Stupid math.

I leaned back in my chair, not paying attention to the video Mr. Howell showed us. A lot of the videos were entertaining, though Mr. Howell claimed they were educational and had something to do with what we were learning. I didn't believe him, unless he showed us Bill Nye.

The video ended at the exact same time the bell rang, and I rushed out of class and to the bathroom. I spent a lot of my lunchtime in the bathroom, and I didn't even need to use it. I just sat in the stall, using my phone until the bell rang and it was time for class.

hi :-)

HAI

well you seem happy

i got another ice cream today :-)

and you don't share any with me? :-(

i don't like you, that's why

you're mean

you're meaner

you're the meanest

you're meanester

you're meanesterest

why are we having this conversation

idk you started it

no i didn't! you started it!

no, YOU started it!

we argue a lot

yes we do

twenty questions?

i'll start this time :-)

*fist pumps air*

favorite fooooood?

I CAN'T CHOOSE DAMMIT what's your favorite animal? idk

i like penguins :-) sexual orientation? you don't have to answer if you don't want to

penguins are pretty awesome yo :-) tbh idk. what about you?

idk either. maybe bisexual?