Chapter 38

i feel as if i left you all hanging so i'm going to explain myself in this (kind of) small author's note

school is a mess right now and i really need to organize myself otherwise i'm going to be extremely disappointed with myself and face other consequences. it's just--gah. i can't even describe it. i have so much work and i'm a procrastinator by heart and i can't do anything? i need to get myself together :-(

and i'll rush this, but it's story time! so i've really wanted to go to a 5sos concert for a while (obviously), but they're always sold out so quickly. i couldn't go to the one in april, hob, or any of the forum dates. last friday, there was this girl and she was asking people to go to some concert with her because she had an extra ticket and then she asked me to go with her. turns out, she had an extra ticket to go see 5sos and 1d at the rose bowl THAT NIGHT, and i went with her and 5sos were so good and i cried and moral of this story is miracles do exist and i never thought i would see 5sos in concert so maybe one day you will too

nOW TIME FOR THE CHAPTER I'M SORRY I ANNOYED YOU GUYS

✿✿✿

Summer was gone in a flash.

It was the middle of August and I would be heading to UCLA. I had no idea who I was going to see, what classes I was going to have. I've only been on the campus once—I was sure to get lost. There were a lot of familiar faces—more faces than that of which I would like to see. It was almost as if everyone in my high school applied to UCLA, but not everyone got in. Then again, it was sort of relieving to see all the familiar faces. The only familiar face I didn't like seeing was Elliot Tate's.

I was absentmindedly walking through the campus—I was too busy jamming out to A Dustland Fairytale. I felt my shoulder bump into something—or rather, someone—and I stopped.

"I'm so sorry—" I gushed, and then I suddenly stopped. I smiled, and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Well, what do you know?" I said with a smile. "If it isn't Angel Drago!"

Brown eyes partially covered by black hair stared back at me. "Lucas Hemmings," the girl said with a smile, "how are you?"

I met Angel in the library I work at. She was also a volunteer, except she helped book shelves rather than reading and hosted the chess club there. Angel was really good at chess—perhaps too good. I can never beat her.

"I'm pretty well," I told her. "What about you?"

"Hopelessly and utterly lost," Angel said with a chuckle. I laughed along with her. "Plus, I don't think I know anyone. I think there's this girl named Brianna? She went to my high school..."

I pursed my lips, however still smiling. "Well, I hope you find your way around," I told her. I bade her goodbye and made my way out of the hall.

I kept looking down as I walked. I don't know why, but I liked looking down. Liz always got mad at me for it. There wasn't anything to look up at, anyway. It would just be awkward if I made eye-contact with passers-by, not to mention I liked looking at my worn-out Chuck Taylor's as they made contact with the ground. Disloyal Order of Water Buffalos was now playing, and I slightly moved my head from side to side as the song killed my eardrums.

"LUUUUUUUKE!" someone shouted into my ear.

I winced, automatically bringing my hands to my ears. "Ow," I hissed. "What the fuck, man?"

Green orbs were staring into my blue ones, and there stood none other than Michael Clifford, staring down at me with his hands on his hips.

I expected a lot of change from Michael. His hair was now a vibrant red-orange, and I had the greatest urge to call him a Gerard Way wannabe (except that wouldn't work anymore, because Gerard dyed his hair blonde). I knew he had a tattoo on his arm that read "To The Moon," but now he had brand new ones. He had rings that circled his entire right arm by his elbow. I noticed a ship anchor on his hand. I knew there would be some other small ones, but for the moment, I couldn't tell.