Chapter 16

"I cannot believe you convinced me to do this, Michael."

Michael chuckled slightly, his hands moving through the clothes. I had a pout on my face, my arms were folded over my chest, and my ankles were crossed over each other. I leaned my back against the wall, watching Michael move around the area.

"What do you think of this one?" Michael asked, holding up a suit for me to see.

"I thought you already had your suit," I told him.

"This is for you, idiot," Michael said with a scoff. "Well? What do you think?"

"I'm not even going to the Formal."

"Well, you're at the mall with me, shopping for suits for the Winter Formal. So, I think that it's okay for me to assume that you're going to the Formal."

I glared at him. "I am not going to the Formal, and that's final."

Michael clicked his tongue, shaking his head. "Live a little, Luke! The Winter Formal is just for seniors. This is the only time this will happen, Luke. Don't you want this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity?"

I put my index finger on my chin, pretending to think about it. "Nah."

Michael let out a sigh, and he put the suit back on the rack. "Do you want to try on some suits? Just for the hell of it."

I shook my head, and Michael pouted.

"C'mon, Lucas. Since you're not going to the formal, the least you could do is try on some suits and not buy anything just to annoy the workers. Please?"

I rolled my eyes, but I uncrossed my arms. "Fine. One suit, and that's it."

Michael squealed, clapping his hands together. I went to the rack in front of me, grabbing a random suit, and Michael stopped me. He had a suit in his hands, and knowing it was for me, I groaned. He only put the suit in my hands and pushed me towards the dressing room, because Michael was a nice person like that.

"Do I have to try on this one?" I asked.

"Of course you do!" Michael said on the other side of the door. "You may not be going to the Winter Formal, but you can at least try on some fancy suit and pretend you're taking Rylee someplace fancy."

"You're never going to stop with the Rylee comments, are you?"

"I like seeing you flustered."

"I hate you."

"No, you don't."

"...You're right."

"Aren't I always?"

I rolled my eyes and let out a sigh. I stood in front of the dressing room mirror, taking in my appearance. I suppose if I covered my face, the suit didn't look half bad. I fixed my tie, brushed off my jacket, and I opened the door. Michael stood in front of me with a smile on his face and his camera phone with his hands.

"You look great," he said with a smirk.

"Go fuck your boyfriend."

"Gladly."

I went back in the dressing room and took off the suit. I enthusiastically changed back into my All Time Low shirt and skinny jeans. I didn't bother tying up my black Chuck Taylor's, and I walked out the door. Michael was leaning up against the wall, and his thumbs were flying over his phone.

"Texting Ashton?" I asked.

"More like sending him the picture of you in the suit."

"I really hate you."