Chapter 10

hi :-(

aw, babe, what's wrong? :-(

nothing's WRONG, but i just feel really weird right now.

tell me everything :-)

there's nothing to tell, really. i was shipped with some girl at school today, and it was pretty weird.

is she hot?

yeah, i guess.

you guess.

i guess.

you guess?

i guess.

you guess!

i guess?

you guess.

i guess!

seriously, though, is she hot?

she's pretty hot, yeah.

do you like her?

i don't know. i don't know if i like her enough to ask her to be my girlfriend. i mean, she's nice, and she's pretty, and she's really good at school, and she's funny, she's sassy, she has good taste in books...

idk man, i feel like you have a little bit of a crush on her. what's her name?

rylee. and i do not!

yes you dooooo

no

yes

no

YES

NO

YOU LIKE HER ADMIT IT

THERE'S NOTHING TO ADMIT BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE HER

rylee and luke... what the fuck is your ship name?

people at school call us ryluke and it's really weird tbh

I SHIP RYLUKE

EXCEPT I DON'T LIKE HER

I think you do. And I'm using proper grammar because I feel like this is important. You are my best friend, Luke, and the way you just described Rylee to me just proves that you like her. You don't just describe a person like that. A person that you really, really like is always on your mind, and you just talked about Rylee like you've observed all these things about her.

I like to consider myself an observant person.

Maybe you are, but did you notice how quickly you sent that message? You talked about her like it was nothing. You may not want to admit it to yourself now, Luke, but I really think you like her.

I don't know, Cal. I don't think I like her.

You do. I'm sure of it. One day soon, Lucas, you're going to come to me and ask for ways to ask her out, because I am ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE that you like her.

What makes you so sure of that?

I like to consider myself your best friend and able to read you inside and out :-)