Chapter Two

So, someone pointed out that it's unclear of Izuku's ability. That will all come into a huge puzzle later in chapter 4? I believe. This is going to be really weird written. I'm doing a lot of research with this. Tell me if y'all like Death in general and want to see more of them in this story. 

All Might has been chasing the villain for a while now. He releases a string of curses when he notices the villain go for a kid. Just as he was about to attack, he watches as the kid claws at the eyes of the villain and gets thrown to the side as a result. Taking the opportunity, the hero quickly captures the villain and turns toward the plain looking boy who is now unconscious. Slowly, All Might makes his way over to him and starts softly smacking him to wake him up. While doing this, he takes in the features of the kid. Quite plain looking. Something about the boy, something is off. Green hair tousled, eyes hidden behind skewed glasses, freckles on his pale—too pale—face. Does he get any sunlight? There's a scar on his lip as if he had gotten cut there a long time ago. A burnt spot on his shoulder—where did he get that? It's recent, very much concerning. Blood on his hand from where he had clawed out one eye, and on his wrist, there's a red patch of skin and a tattoo. The way it looks, it seems to be a recent tattoo. "Hey, kid. Hey, wake up! Hey."

  Eyebrows furrow and soon a small groan passes through his lips. "What? Oh, no," he whispers, sitting up and standing up in a rush, almost having knocked over the pro-hero. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry. I—um, thank you for saving me." He looks at the hero and his eyes widen, eyebrows rising a little bit behind the spectacles. He grabs his bag and looks around for his notebook. "All Mi-Might, thank you! I appreciate your help—and—uh, um. I have a question, one that won't take too long!"

Blue eyes stare at the kid, glancing down at the reddened wrist then up at the burnt shoulder. His attention is caught by the notebook in the kid's hand. Death Analysis. What is this kid doing with something like that? Another question. Never has he met someone that brings up so many questions like this teenager, so who was this kid? He knows he needs to leave, but this kid looks desperate to know something. He doesn't have much time left but the kid looks honest. "One question."

  Surprise overtakes Izuku's body at the agreement of answering a question from a civilian. Maybe that's just how All Might is? Probably. He isn't going to have high hopes on that. "Can I still—still become a he-hero without—without a quirk?" Thanks, Death, I've got your stuttering. He won't admit that he always stutters.

For as long as he can remember, he's always been told no. He's always a huge fan of heroes but he's slowly calmed down, pushing past those emotions and trying to be a hero along with figuring out a way to get Death to choose a different Champion and leave him alone. He never had too much time to even fanboy over them, too wrapped up with so many things to worry about. He always ignores the Ghouls, always makes sure to stay away from them and is always trying to get things organized. He's always wanted to be a hero, ignoring those doubters like he'd ignore the monsters. He taught himself to fight before getting accepted into taking classes at a Taekwondo place. He convinced his mother it was for self-defense—a matter of truth. He always does his best to keep a few people safe, interrupting their suicide attempts and sometimes murder attempts. He finds a way to keep them from walking into traps and always accompanies them if he knows a good excuse to. If he's too late, he calls the police and gives a statement—sometimes lying. If he can't be a hero like All Might, he may have a backup plan for himself.

Even with this plan, even with an idea in mind, even with the fact it's happened so many times, he can't help the utter agony that blooms in his chest when All Might speaks, "The work of a hero is a dangerous one. I've been hurt many times and I have a quirk, so if that can happen to me, you might not be so lucky. So, no. I don't think you can become a hero." Hypocrite! "I'm sorry, kid. If you want to help save lives, maybe you should just become a police officer. They may be teased because the villain is usually left on their doorstep, but it's a good profession."