Chapter Twelve

Yeet! Sports Festival time! The first two events go by quickly, nothing much changed there in canon and a few things that did are written. I will be adding more detail, but really, I don't know how. So meh.

The robots that head towards them gives Deku a small sense of Deja Vu. Oh, wait, they're the same robots from the exam and he doesn't have his scythe! Amazing! Utterly amazing! Don't use your scythe. You can make do without it. The battle is short and sweet at first, and that is because of Todoroki. He froze the robots to where they would fall once he melts the ice. Good going, Todoroki, you're going to get someone killed. The thought crosses when they tremble and crash on two of their classmates: Kirishima Eijirou and Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu. The two share similar quirks, but while Kirishima can harden his skin, Tetsutetsu can turn it to steel. He moves out of the way while most of the people attack them. He analyzes the situation, watching the robots break apart. He can feel All Might's worry from here. Don't give up on me yet, Yagi. I know what I'm doing. He picks up a plate of metal, knowing that this will be of good use later on. He runs through the course, coming to a halt at the pit. Various of ropes are strung up. A way to cross the chasm. He scowls and puts the strap on his back, swinging himself down. 

  He has flashbacks to when he was younger, playing on the playground. He always loved crossing the monkey bars until he got blisters, so crossing the rope was simple for him. He's running once again, the metal on his back doing nothing to weigh him down—after all the training he did, it's like a feather on him. He scans around, seeing where everyone is before hurrying even more. He winces at the sudden booming of Mic's voice.

  "IT LOOKS LIKE THEY'VE MADE IT TO THE MINEFIELD!" announces Present Mic. "REMEMBER, WHILE THE MINES PACK A HUGE PUNCH, THEY DO NOT KILL!"

  "Why is he so loud?" whispers Izuku as he comes to a stop at the edge of the field. He returns to his analysis mode coming up with a plan to cross the field, watching the explosions take place every time someone steps on them. A smirk crosses his face. "Thank you, Bakugou. You just signed your defeat." He gets to work, digging up mines and piling them up. Once he knows it's enough, he immediately jumps on it using the metal sheet to keep himself from getting somewhat hurt.

  He soars above his classmates, gripping the sheet tightly. He feels the descent as the momentum fails him. He scowls deeply, seeing the two people who hate his guts in front of him and approaching him quickly. Doing this, he grins. Launching off them, he flies further and comes to a rolling stop. "IN FIRST PLACE IS . . . MIDORIYA IZUKU!"

  Midoriya smiles brightly and stumbles back when he gets tackled into a hug by Uraraka. "Deku, that was amazing! How did you know to use that huge piece of metal?"

  "Oh, I, uh, had a feeling and usually go along with it. I'm so glad that I listened to it." He smiles brightly at them. He misses the glares he receives from the two runner ups. They group up near the stage again and Midnight announces the second event: a Cavalry Battle.

He recruited Uraraka, a girl named Hatsume Mei, and Tokoyami. Izuku will be the one they hold up, much to his dismay and with Uraraka's quirk, he will be basically weightless for them. "Let's not do that unless it's absolutely necessary, okay?"

  "Okay." Albeit the look she has, she feels somewhat relieved. They start planning while also listening to the announcement. They all get into formation, Izuku ties the million point headband around his forehead. "Deku." They turn to look at the girl. "Smile."

  He blinks before smiling at them.

  "AND GO!"

  Many people head straight for the ten million group, but they're able to maneuver their way around. Two groups run into each other and the two tops fall to the ground ensuring their defeat. It goes like this, a few going after each other, or them. The two runner ups are fighting each other. A few start heading towards Bakugou and Todoroki. Izuku's group uses Mei's babies to continue (it's not against the rules—big thanks to Hatsume), Tokoyami's Dark Shadow helps fight against the others. Izuku is spilling a few analytical observations which greatly helps the three with counterattacking.