Chapter Thirty-Six

So, how about that last cliffhanger? 😈 anyways! This chapter is pretty okay, we get more Dabi moments, sassy!Izuku, and Bakugou being Bakugou.

When it comes to fate, nothing can be changed without determination and willpower. Fate is always around to push everyone to their breaking points and test them to see how determined they are to change their path. Sometimes it takes more for someone to change their fate and even then, it's difficult to change. Death is the same way, but then everything always has a price. A soul for soul. Whoever is meant to die and doesn't, another life is traded. How solemn is it to watch another die for you! To see one's face turn into horror at the revelation. Everything does come with a price after all. People just need to learn that, but it never seems to be the case. Human minds don't seem to comprehend anything. They are too closed and even those that are open still try to deny things, closing themselves off to things that they do not want to have any part of. Monsters, magic, love. The ones with their minds open are worse than those with closed minds. They're the ones anyone shouldn't trust.

One minute left.

Tomura is cackling as he stands over the limp form of the child of Death. Bakugou is chained up in a chair as the villains stand aside, staring at the boy who, a mere minute ago, had shrieked like a wounded animal before falling unconscious in Dabi's arms. The only one who knows anything about it is Tomura who's putting the child onto his back and fixing his arms so that they're straight and at his sides.

Ten seconds left.

Twice gags upon noticing the bones under his arms starting moving, the skin moving alongside them. The healing process is finally finishing up and Midoriya's arms are slowly getting back together.

Nine.

Mr. Compress tilts his head, listening to the way the bones snap and move back into place. While it is gross, it's quite fascinating. The ghastly sight of watching the child thrash from one side to the other, tensing his muscles and clawing the floor, it's fascinating. Multiple questions of what could have caused this reaction pops into his mind, gathering and gathering all into a cluster until he loses himself in the endless possibilities.

Eight.

Toga is pouting at the lack of blood. She wishes to see more of it but nothing. All she can do is just sit by and wait for whatever Shigaraki is so happy for.

Seven.

Dabi stares on, bored out of his mind. This isn't all that fun to watch. It's just boring and disgusting. Not to mention the screaming is annoying as hell.

Six.

Spinner doesn't like this. This is the child that Stain said was worthy. This child had sacrificed his life to save another's. So why—why are they just watching him shriek and writhe in agony like he's a circus animal performing tricks to entertain the audience? The villain feels sick to his stomach and forces himself to look away.

Five.

Kurogiri frowns at the sight, listening to the abrupt screams from the child of Death. While Hikawa had warned them of this happening, he never really understood why exactly. She never even explained the reasoning for this, but apparently Tomura knows.

Four.

The other few villains that had gathered around are looking away from the horrid sight. While they're villains, they just can't handle seeing bones moving around on their own. They are more into breaking and snapping them, not hearing it fuse together.

Three.

Tomura is grinning like mad at the sight. Slowly, but surely he can see something start to happen. Around his heart, he can see a gray start to show, slowly darkening more and more.