Chapter Forty-One

So! I have figured out what to do for Hisashi! :) This is very short.

Whatever had happened, it wasn't the same as before. Midoriya Inko, a mother of a child that bears both a gift and a curse, had always been strong. No matter how hard life gets she would always pull through. Ever since the whole U.A and his quirk developing, all she can think about is the future. The pending situation of her son not being the son she raised. He is close. So close, it breaks her heart. She knows what will happen. She was warned by the person who had turned their lives upside down.The day. Oh, how much she detested that day.

  She remembers. She remembers quite well the day she gave birth to her lovable yet troublesome son was—the day she was afraid of. That day—that cursed day. She was told her premature child was born blind. Eyes clouded over—pale green and unfocused. She wanted to hold her child, rock him and murmur sweet nothings to him but she could not. He was in an incubator until he is healthy and strong. She promised to herself that she would care for him—keep him safe from a harsh world. She could envision her son, see their small family be happy and be together.

  Hisashi—her husband—stood beside their son with a saddened smile at seeing his child's eyes. Beautiful but without sight. Beauty comes with a price after all and his son had paid it. Hisashi stood with her. He promised to work hard for his newborn son. He was going to make sure that his son would love a normal life. He went to the nursery that night—it was that night that paved away their son's future. He was going to see his son from the window—a terrible feeling hung in the air the closer he got to the room.

  When he had arrived to the room, he saw three people. Two women and a man. He frowned as he watched, questioning what they were doing with his son. As he stepped forward to the door, he halted in his path when he noticed one of the women step close to his child. She bites her thumb and draws a certain symbol on his son's head and he watched. He did nothing but watch as his son's eyes cleared and brightened in color.

  The dark-haired woman turned and met his eyes. Glittering green eyes on him. "Care . . . Chi-ld. Fu-ture be-longs—rests on him." Her voice chilled his bones as he listened through the walls. "Death's—Chi-ld. Im-port-ant. Care for him."

  Then they're gone. Hisashi suddenly felt the atmosphere around him rise in temperature—when did that fall?—and saw a nurse come up beside him. He thanked her and followed her in, meeting the eyes of the child. The symbol wasn't there but his eyes were sparkling and focused on him. "I thought he was born blind," murmured the nurse but that didn't seem to matter. Those eyes disappeared from view behind eyelids. The fire-breather dropped to his knees and pressed a hand on the incubator's wall. He murmured with happiness, thanked the woman for helping his son.

He returned to his wife with the news, but something wasn't right. Her face wasn't as happy and hopeful anymore, almost as if she received terrible news. "My dear?"

"Our son," she murmured. "Our son was touched by the being Death." That stopped him. His wide gaze on her, thinking back to what the woman had said to him. "Death's child." What did she do to his son? "He can see but—but at what price? Why does he have to be a Champion?" Hisashi hugged her, rocking her as she cried slightly. He had no idea how to comfort his wife, for this didn't seem to be real. His son being touched by Death? What did that mean exactly? A Champion? What was that? Why was his wife crying? What was going on?

  Hisashi, a cold businessman who only shows any emotion to his wife, was unresponsive. He had no idea how to react to the murmurs his beautiful Inko was saying. He held her as she cried to whatever was hurting her. He hummed a soft tune as he thought back to the three people in his son's room, standing beside the incubator. According to the nurse that had arrived beside him, no one had ever been in there. Either he was seeing things or they had some sort of quirk to hide from them. Whatever it was, Hisashi's mind wouldn't stop replaying the woman's voice. Raspy, yet soothing, choppy sentences that held a few words. He sighed and hoped that nothing bad was going to happen to his son. He didn't want his son to be in any danger.

  He wanted answers and it was apparent that his wife wouldn't be able to speak of it for a while. The best thing he could do was wait. He was on a few month leave of his work so he could help his wife care for their child since knowing her, she would go back to work earlier than planned. He sighed when he saw his wife asleep. He'd have to keep an eye on his son for however long it'd take for everything to blow over. He just didn't know when that would ever happen.

He'd have to find that woman. The one with dark hair and green eyes, but he didn't know where. She had the answers to his numerous questions. Jut how and where could he find her?

  Inko sighs and shakes her head, covering her face as she cries at the reminder of her son's kidnapping.

  The day it was announced, she had leaned into Detective Tsukauchi's chest crying and clinging onto him. No, please no. Please, not my son. Don't take my son away, please! She shook her head and repeated the mantra until her best friend—who lost her son as well in the same incident—arrived. The two worried together for their sons. With the news of Mistuki's son back, she had hoped hers was back too. It didn't seem the case. All Might, Eraserhead, and Tsukauchi explained to her what was going on. They need her to understand. "I wish he wouldn't do this," she murmurs. Her mind being set on the final solution. This was the final straw.

She had received a call that morning from her husband, Hisashi. "Take him out of U.A. it is not safe for him there. I want my son safe and away from such a school who can't care for their own students." Oh how she agrees with him wholeheartedly. Her son won't be going back to that—that sorry excuse of a school again. No, she wouldn't allow it.

Izuku is her child.

Not Death's.

Not anyone else's.

He is her child, the one she raised.

Hisashi, she thinks. Izuku will come home. He will not go with Death.

Poor Inko. You have no idea what is happening to your own son. :D

Questions? I'll answer them.