Chapter Twenty-Nine

Honestly I am really getting to a part that I have had planned out between Kota and Izuku and guys, I love this part but it has yet to be written out. I have it drawn out and I am really happy to share it to y'all when it comes up. :) No important messages that I can think of.

Tsukauchi cannot sleep. His mind going back to what Izuku said. Tomura had been there at the Kiyashi ward for Izuku because of Crimson Artist. If the killer has finally gotten in touch with the League of Villains, that can't mean anything good. When he gave the description, Naomasa can't help but frown. One of their theories was that Crimson was a police officer, but none of the officers fit the description given by the villain. All he could do is reminisce the day.

  "How do you know you can trust him?" he asked. Tsukauchi still didn't like the whole thing. If Midoriya is being targeted by both the villains and the killer, then he is not safe.

  His eyes—usually, they're sharp like a snake's, almost ready to strike at the weak points of his enemies or of his friends and family; a soft green with the hints of acidity, burning holes into who ever they land on—were full of exhaustion and stared into his dark ones. "You can't lie through a contract, Nao. He tried, but he was in absolute pain until he was corrected himself," he explains. He understands that he is worried but really, Izuku is just tired and wants to go home and just sleep.

  "Alright, what have you figured out on your own?" he questioned.

  Midoriya gave him a helpless shrug. "Beetle hasn't been around lately and I can't summon my Persona," he answered glancing to the side. Since they were in a public place, he wasn't going to say anything about Death aloud. Last time he had gotten strange glances where he had to improvise and say that it was a video game. No, he took to calling Death a Persona—which is the name for the people that Champions work under.

  "It's okay, Midori," he comforted. He didn't want to frustrate him more and could see that he was exhausted. "Your mom is outside, but I have a question. Is she doing okay?"

  Izuku sighed, that is never good, and shook his head. "I'm not sure myself. She has started withdrawing from me too. I'm really worried about her, but she would always try to reassure me. I think between my being a hero, a Champion, and the whole investigations, she's stressing herself too much. I don't want her to worry, but it's hard. My life is hard. She should never have had to worry for me if I had—"

  "Don't," he intervened. The whole blaming himself—it was not good for the teen. He did not want him blaming himself. Yes, his life was hard and sometimes Tsukauchi stressed himself with the constant worry for Izuku, but that does not mean that he had to blame himself. Everything came with consequences and these are his. People worry for him because they care, but they cannot continue doing so even though they do care for him. "Do not blame yourself. You didn't ask to be a Champion, right?"

  "No. We're chosen because we have the Sight. We can see past the veil."

  "Okay, so it isn't your fault. You wanted to be a hero, that comes with consequences and you know that. You chose to be involved with the investigations and we let you even though we really shouldn't have." Tsukauchi could see the gears turning. "So, it's going to get hard when someone is I your position. Your mother loves you, but she may have to distance herself just a little. A little breather."

  "Does this always happen? To everyone?"

  "It happened to me and Toshinori," he answered. "But you shouldn't worry. Come on, she's speaking with Toshinori."

  Naomasa sighs and sits up, heading to the washroom. He washes his face and decides to look through a few files while trying to figure out how to help Izuku. Nothing comes to mind and hopes that the training camp goes well. He reminds himself that he will be surrounded by many people and pro-heroes. Yeah, 'cause that worked well the last time. He ignores the voice and he sighs for the umpteenth time that night.