Chapter Thirty-Seven

This is just a flashback chapter to Tsukauchi and Midoriya's first meeting. I'm sure you all had questions about how they first met. Plus i want to torture you all in delaying the following chapter. 'cause i'm evil.

The dark gray skies weren't letting up anytime soon. The harsh rain that fell onto the glass windows and the pavement didn't seem to slow down either. A crash of thunder was so loud that it was as if it had happened near their ears. It was followed by another long roll of thunder, never seeming to come to a stop as flashes of lightning started to brighten up the dark sky. The storm seemed to be an omen, one that screamed danger! but no one paid it any mind. Not the heroes, not the villains, not the police, and sure as hell, not the civilians. A pity that no one wanted to pay attention to the warning, then again, who ever did pay attention to the warning signs? Humans always had something else in mind and they decided these omens wouldn't be anything of importance. Only a handful people actually took Mother Nature's warnings and headed into their homes until the rain let up. These people had decided that they could finish whatever they had planned could wait until the next day.

  A lone boy with green hair walked through the rain, head down with his hood up, and sunglasses covering his eyes. He kept walking, not caring about being soaked to the bone with the chance of becoming ill. His grasp on the plastic bags tightened, doing his best to ignore the presences of people—both living and dead. The skies grew darker, the winds grew harsher, streaks of lightning brightened the skies, and the sound of thunder came crashing down on them every few minutes. It was getting worse and worse. He had to get out of the storm but he didn't really care to. He just needed to get home and then he'd be fine and he could write down whatever he noticed in the hero-villain fights.

The slapping of footsteps on wet pavement caught his attention. They were rapid, getting closer and closer. Dread fell onto him like a curtain. The twelve year old moved out of the way, leaning against the brick wall of a building. The source of the footsteps stopped right beside him. A man with dark eyes and dark hair, wearing a trench coat stood right next to him with an umbrella. His eyes were kind but that didn't mean the boy was going to trust him. He glanced around to leave, hoping to be able to get away, but the man squatted down to meet his gaze with a small smile. The rain pelted the water resistant cloth, keeping the two from getting wet. "I'm Detective Tsukauchi Naomasa," he introduced himself.

A—detective? The boy blinked widely behind his sunglasses as he took in the male's appearance. He took another step back, only to hit the wall of the building. "I should go. I don't need to get sick," he said, ducking under the "detective's" outstretched arm, but he didn't get too far when he loosely grabbed his arm.

  "That's why I'm here. Come with me to the station until it lets up. You know where it is, right? I know you don't trust me but come with me so you're out of the storm." He brought out his badge to show the boy, who reached out to grab it and the man let him.

  The boy returned the badge after making sure it wasn't fake and followed the man. Just because the badge wasn't fake, didn't mean he trusted him yet. He had learned that even the police could be bad people after a close encounter of it. He followed with his guard up, rubbing his arm with his free hand as he finally started feeling the chill of the cold water sinking deep into his skin. Not long after they left the side of the building did they arrived to the police station. The detective must've noticed him through the windows as he walked by. It wouldn't be hard to notice him, especially since a lot of people had made their way inside at the sign of the storm worsening. The green-haired boy never once spoke, walking up the steps and pulling out his phone to text his mom that he would be in the police station to wait out the storm.