Chapter Seven

So! Seventh chapter! I've written out the USJ chapter already, and y'all I fell in love. Just a thing, I have a tumblr account that I'm using to post my original art for this story. I have his hero suit drawn, but it will change a little. Um, yeah. Follow it and add or ask something. The username is izuku-championofdeath . So yeah. Shameless promotion. 

"So you can see when someone is going to die, you can see these things called Ghouls, and you can see the Grim Reaper?" The disbelief in his voice tells him enough. Izuku shakes his head, wringing his hands. He really doesn't like this. Not at all. The look he earns it's telling him that he made a mistake. He shouldn't have said anything. He should've kept his mouth closed and never have told Recovery Girl. Trusting teachers never got him anywhere, so why did he think this would be any different?

  "You don't believe me," he mutters. He pushes his curls away from his face and puts on his glasses. "I knew you wouldn't." He moved to get up but a glare keeps him from standing. He takes a breath and waits for his teacher to say what he needs to say.

  Aizawa stares at the boy—problem child. He isn't sure how to take this at all. Izuku has been seeing these creatures since he can remember, how can one even know how to respond to such a revelation? No wonder the kid hasn't said anything, he knows that no one would ever believe him. "It's not that I don't believe you, but it's difficult to wrap my mind around it." The words aren't what he expected. He didn't expect him to say that. "Your eyes, they've been cursed by the Grim Reaper, why?"

"As I said, I'm not sure. I have a feeling that Death thought it was doing a good thing. They always tell me to accept the gift they gave me and that gift is my eyes." He sighs and looks at Shota, unsure of what to say. He sighs and glances to the corner of the room, staring at Beetle, glaring at him when he grins at him. His face, in general, annoys him along with his personality. It reminds him of his class all put into one body—he can handle them individually but put together it's fucking annoying. "It's not a bad thing, I get to try and help people before something bad happens, but even I can't stop death. Sometimes I change the way the person dies, but other times I can help keep them from dying. I guess, in its own way, it's a gift. Just, difficult."

  They follow his glare and see nothing. "What's wrong?"

  "Some annoying bug won't leave me alone." Izuku sighs and lays on the bed, staring up at the ceiling. The silence is deafening. No one says anything and Midoriya is running through everything he had said. He doesn't remember saying something crucial. Something that he believes may be important to his teacher. He sighs again, covering his eyes. "Did I tell you that my eyes can never get hurt? No matter what happens, they heal on their own. If they're attacked, a purple mist comes from them and shows the attacker horrifying images that can drive them insane. It's a good thing that I blacked out when Bakugou hurt me, it means that the mist didn't get out and harm his mental stability." He turns to look at Aizawa with those big, round, green eyes. "What's your opinion on the whole matter? How much of that do you believe?

He says nothing, worrying the boy. He can see that it isn't impossible for something like this to be, after all with all the quirks that have been around, something like this doesn't seem to be impossible. It's difficult to wrap his mind around everything, it's difficult to know what to say. He needs time to think about it. He knows that Izuku has trouble trusting people with this, the hesitation and concern that was on his face told him how reluctant he was in wanting to tell him. He was also angry so that tells a lot. He either had been told never to tell anyone or he had been constantly criticized because of it. "You psycho!" That's what Bakugou called Midoriya during the test. Does that mean he has tried telling someone else other than us? Did rumors sprout because of that? "You should get to class. I'll let you know at the end of the day." It hurts to see the crestfallen expression that he desperately tries to hide behind a facade. He thanks them and leaves.