Chapter Fourteen

Very disappointed in this chapter, but no matter, here you go.  

The class goes on without Izuku. Not much really happens, nothing eventful. Well, the choosing of names is pretty cool—pretty exciting but not something he's going to miss that needs to be known. Albeit it being fun, Midnight is a little extra with her choosing. "Alright! So who's going to go first?" her smile says it all—either someone goes or she chooses. "Okay then! You!" She points to Aoyama.

  The French-Japanese boy who sparkles without trying grins widely. He confidentially struts up to the podium and puts his white board on display. "The Shining Hero: I Cannot Stop Sparkling!"

  "Okay, maybe you should take out the 'I' and shorten the 'cannot' to 'can't'." Then she reveals it. Can't Stop Sparkling. A weird name, too long. It goes on like this.

  . . .

"Alien Queen."

"No."

. . .

"Froppy, kerro."

"Aw! So cute and friendly! Yes!"

. . .

"Lord Explosion Murder!"

"That sounds more like a villain's name," whispers someone.

"No."

. . .

"Uravity."

"I love the pun!"

. . .

"Tentacole."

"I love it!"

. . .

The door opens and Izuku walks in, his eyes dull and face shadowed. Everyone has chosen a name, except him. Iida, Shouto, and Bakugou are indecisive. Although, Shouto doesn't seem like he'll change his name any time soon. That leaves this kid left. Midoriya takes a small breath as he looks up, meeting Midnight's gaze. He hands her the note he was given and she stops. The teachers all know about the boy's position and they all have the same thoughts on it—they don't like it, but Nedzu can see something that they cannot, so many alternate realities that deal with the future meeting of Stain and Midoriya. The look on Midoriya's face says it all. In a low voice, she asks, "Are you against it?" A nod. "A lot of people are too, but it's necessary."

"In what way?" he asks.

She shrugs and pats his shoulder. "Who knows? Go and pick your name, don't worry about this right now."

He nods and makes his way to his seat. He's unaware of the looks he's receiving. After the bombshell dropped on him, he isn't really there at the moment. He received a recommendation from All Might's teacher, Gran Torino, and went back to class. Some people are confused, concerned with what they just spoke about. Jirou frowns, her hearing is a little better than the others and she only caught a small bit of their conversation.

  Midoriya is the last one. They all wait respectively as he thinks and comes up with a few, but by the time he's up at the podium, he is wearing his sunglasses so that no one can see the internal turmoil in them as he holds out his whiteboard. "Deku." He chose his name to be Deku.

During Modern Lit, he stays quiet. His pencil scratching the paper of his notebook is the only indication he's even physically there at the moment. Izuku's hand stops, he has a distinct feeling that someone is trying to gain his attention, but he can't pinpoint who. He's distracted, thinking of what the Chief of Hosu police said. Does he know how that will only backfire? If I do end up engaging with the Hero Killer and survive, what then?