Chapter Four

Whoo chapter 4! I have no clue. I am going to be working on the profile for the murderer and I have an idea on what to do. I just need time and soon everything will unravel. Now, Death is a key character in this story, and I know Izuku can ask them for help, but Death can not meddle in human affairs other than Izuku's since he is their champion. That's all. So helping with a murder case—that's out of the question. Can't do it. Izuku has tried before. Also I will change Izuku's costume a little.

They stand in front of a giant gate. Present Mic's explanation was extremely awkward, being called out was even more so. He really needed to get ahold of his thoughts and muttering to keep that from happening again. Apparently, they will be fighting robots and he'll probably use the gift that Death gave him just so she won't appear like that again and give him a harder time than before. As he's scanning the others and analyzing them from their forms in their warm-ups, he notices the girl from earlier. He realizes that he hadn't even thanked her for helping him earlier. He was about to go up to her when he was cut off by the same guy who had called him out earlier. "She is obviously nervous and trying to concentrate. Are you trying to distract her?"

"What?" He takes a step back at the sudden accusation. He doesn't even know me and is already assuming I'm trying to ruin other people's chances? Izuku shifts on his feet and ignores the others' gazes that have taken an interest to the two. "No! I—" he gets cut off by the other examiners who whisper amongst themselves. They're muttering about how he doesn't have a chance, nor do they have to worry about him being a potential rival. For the first time, he feels angry but he figures this may be a good thing. They are underestimating him. That in itself is so much better! He sighs and looks somewhat dejected, upholding the facade of being too weak. Don't lie, but manipulate. Simple enough. Like always, he's left alone before he can do or say anything but this time, his fingers are twitching with the want to summon his scythe. Just this once, I will use your gifts. He takes off his glasses and scans the group. Oh no. No, no! He puts them back on and he'll have to keep an eye out on her.

The gates open and Present Mic announces them to go. Midoriya acts fast, summoning his weapon once he runs through the gates and ignoring the murmurs some of the examinees about his fingers curled around the obsidian handle of a weapon that seems un-hero-like. He slashes at two robots, bringing up the memories that Death had shown him earlier—unaware of the aura of cold death hanging around him. He gets a few more robots in but others start taking them away. He needs to get more points, he has to. He can't fail All Might, not after all he's helped him with.

His eyes scan for the girl. He can't find her. This revelation chills him to the bone. He can't find her! Where is she?

The ground shakes. A shadow rises and looms over them. Soon, people are running away from the source of the ginormous shadow. He stumbles back, letting his scythe disappear, and beholds the robot—the 0P they're supposed to avoid. As he starts to run, he hears a cry of pain and worry. Whipping around, there! The girl from before. The one with the Death Shadow hanging off her! The kind girl who he met at the entrance of the school, the one who kept him from tripping! She's hurt! No! No! She wants to be saved. I can see it. She wants to be saved, I can save her.

Izuku abruptly charges forward, going to help her. He tries moving the debris off of her foot but the robot is nearing them. He charges up One For All and jumps up high. He can feel his legs break, but he ignores them and punches the robot with a yell. He's still in the air for a good second before he starts falling. Shit! He's going to lose a chance! He can't lose a chance! He needs to stop with life-and-death situations!

  Falling, falling, falling!

  Panicking, panicking, panicking!

  Think, think, think!