Chapter Twenty-Three

This is weirdly done. Sort of choppy and out there. The reason is, I wrote it before checking the manga to see how it was paced but whatever. But anyway! Someone actually got close with the identity. She is an original character. And someone got close. Have fun guys!

Aizawa Shouta is explaining to the teachers about who they're are pairing up with. He gives them a list of reasons for it too. He is not going to let this small window of opportunity close on him. No, not at all. With how awkward things have been, he is not happy with Toshinori and Izuku. They really need to make up and forgive each other, but with Yagi's stubbornness and Midoriya's trust issues—that won't happen. No, not without a little push. "Toshinori, you're against Bakugou and Midoriya."

  All Might is internally screaming and committing murder. He cannot believe this is what his plan is. He already got a mouthful from Recovery Girl, that death glare from him, and Tsukauchi shattering his heart with those words. Toshinori, he doesn't trust us anymore. You should've seen him. The betrayal was clear on his face, but he was telling you the truth. He just cannot catch a break. He wants to apologize, he needs to confront him but he cannot bring himself too. "And how did you come up with that pair up?"

Aizawa grins to hide the grimace that itches to come out. "Simple, they don't get along."

"And you think that's a good idea? Young Bakugou and Young Midoriya have a history, one not a good one. You've seen the way he acts around people, but it's worse with Young Midoriya."

"Yes, I know. I hate it as much as you do, and if they don't work together for this—if their relationship doesn't seem to have any way to salvage it, then we will intervene," states Nedzu. He's seen the snippets of their interactions. Every since Midoriya became friends with Todoroki, the interactions between Bakugou and him have become rare. "Even so, we cannot let them lose sight of themselves through the next two years. It'll be harder for them to become heroes if they do not set aside their differences."

  Aizawa nods and sends a look at Yagi—a look that tells him they have to speak after this meeting. They agree in not saying anything to the class, letting them figure it out on their own or not at all. Shouta is not going to let Toshinori get away with it any longer and Chiyo is going to help him. Yes, he knows what may be the outcome, but Chiyo is going to go along with it. She usually does with one of his schemes. Once in the infirmary, Recovery Girl is the only one there and they say nothing for a bit. "You do know why we paired you up with those two right?"

  "Young Bak—"

  "Yes because both of them hold a reason that involves you. Bakugou wants to beat you and become number one. Midoriya is a hero because of your inspiration. But those are not the reasons for it."

  Recovery Girl glances at Eraserhead. "Are you sure? Midoriya told us not to reason with him."

"It's been over a week and nothing. I understand that Midoriya doesn't want to worsen the situation, but that's not going to happen if he waits for him to speak." He turns towards Toshinori who sat quiet during the whole ordeal since he was cut off. "Look, you cannot tell Midoriya this. Not one word. He has no idea what happened and he couldn't control a word he said to you. He doesn't know, but he can be taken over by the embodiment of Death. Some of the things he said to you, Death didn't want him saying. He was wanting to tell you the truth, that he's cursed by Death."

"To be Death's Champion," he murmurs.

"We know what happened with Tsukauchi. How could you do that to him? He trusted you, Toshinori." The disappointment in Chiyo's voice is pronounced. She shakes her head with a sigh. "We can't really be too hard with you, you basically reacted the same way we would've if he never had proved it to us."