Chapter Twenty-Two

I have no clue where I am going with the next few chapters. Someone wants me to clarify on the Champion that came before Midoriya, and I will. Soon enough. So, I am not sure how Tsukauchi is, but whatever. I gave him the loving disease of Road Rage.

A fair torture warning will happen, mild torture.

The pendulum swings, back and forth, back and forth. Each time it swings, it gets nearer and nearer. If one does not see the the truth, how can they escape from this insanity that they put themselves in? Their anxiety, their fear, how may they get away from it if they do not come to terms with themselves?  

  To say that Tsukauchi is terrified that's an understatement. Izuku met the killer. Now, the killer is loose once again. Slaughtering the recent victim. This whole thing just got really personal between the two. He had tried contacting Izuku, but to no avail. He was sent straight to voicemail each time. He sent a message to him telling him what was going on, once again, nothing. The kid just might have turned off his phone or isn't hearing it or blocked him. He takes the last one. Izuku must've blocked him. His phone rings and sighs in relief when he sees the caller ID. "You're on your own. I don't think I'll be able to work on the case anymore, no matter what. You have my notes, you have your profile. I'm done. My job is done. You have everything you need now and I have to prepare for my final exam. Call me for the next case. Have a good day, Tsukauchi Naomasa."

  Before he can get a word in, he's left hearing the dial tone. Izuku really is mad—which is understandable. He lied to him and was going to interrogate him to prove that he's sane or insane—can anyone blame him, he was speaking about things that didn't even seem to be real. The whole untrusting thing is basically a knife to the back. No wonder he's mad. He hoped that someone would believe him, but it didn't matter in the end. No matter, damage is done and he'll have to find a way to fix it. Sighing, he makes his way to the station. Honestly, he had—has—a soft spot for Izuku and seeing that sadden and betrayed expression on him, it hurt him. He doesn't know how to earn back the trust they had built over the course of four years. Tsukauchi goes through the doors, fuming about many things as he goes over to the bulletin board. He starts adding the details that Izuku gave him. "Hey, where's the kid that follows you?"

  "You mean his son?" jokes a colleague as the playfully elbow Naomasa in the arm with a Cheshire grin. The squeak of the mark on the board, brings forth a glare from the detective. "Oh, don't give me that look, Tsukauchi. We've all seen the way the two of you act together. You two may have known each other for four years, him barely even helping with any cases—overprotective father—you two have a stronger bond than just coworkers. It was bound to happen eventually. After all, a kid like him doesn't come around that often, one of us were bound to 'adopt' him sooner or later."

Naomasa just shakes his head, pushing his hair back. He is not in the mood to listen to these clowns about that. "He's not helping anymore. He's done with this case on my orders," he lies. If they are to find out that he dropped the case, they won't allow him to be on anymore. "He's helped enough and we will be giving the killer what she wants." He explains a little more then he tells them all that he's learned. He watches for their reactions, only a few stood out to him. He quietly promises to keep an eye on them. While Izuku has a theory that killer may be a woman but it's a theory. Then again, that is what profiling is all about. They theorize, hypothesize on the type of killer. Sometimes they get it wrong, it's happened before and it will continue happening because they're human. Unless someone has a psychometry quirk or a medium quirk, they cannot be too sure. "He told me that he can see my death, that he can see the Grim Reaper, and that he can see dead people, Tsukauchi." That's what Toshinori told me, so why? Why doesn't he have the dead tell him? If he can see them, can't he find a way to prevent it? Tsukauchi flips the page and sighs. What if he can't? Otherwise he would've done so by now. I need to speak with him. It won't be a good idea, but I have to speak with him.