Chapter Thirty-Two

Wow, I am somewhat disappointed in this chapter. I'll have to add to it later, but not right now. Anyway, I am not sure how many people know, but the full poem "The Devil's Prison" is out now. I decided to finish it and it's on my tumblr.

During dinner, Izuku doesn't see Kota anywhere around. He ignores his friends' outbursts about the food and how good it is, even when it really isn't. He frowns as he gets up, searching for Mandalay. "Hey, Mandalay," he says, heading over to her. "Where's Kota?"

The older woman turns towards him, processing his question. "He's probably in his secret place, I don't know where it is since I want him to have privacy. Why do you ask?"

"I was wondering if he's eaten yet. If not, I can give him the food. I won't bother him too long." He gestures to the plate of food. "I'll be able to find him, don't worry. I just need to know the initial direction he goes."

Shino stares at the teen before sighing and nodding. She points to the initial direction and earns happy thank you in response. She watches as Midoriya walks away, slightly hoping he can help her nephew.

Izuku is following the footprints, glancing at Beetle who finally decided to join him. The Ghoul is talking about the whole heart feast he had. "Dude, I can't believe my girlfriend dumped me! I mean, I don't see why she'd do that-then again she was an alien." No response. "You're not even listening to me!"

"What? Yeah, I am. You dated an alien who dumped you," he answers. He grins at the Ghoul who is glaring at him. "I don't find it weird! I mean, you eat human hearts. So don't give me that look. Now, hush. I'm sure we're nearing his hideout." He finds that he is right. The next few feet, he can see the five-year old sitting near the edge of the cliff. He gets in view when he hears the child's stomach growl. "I bet you're hungry." He announces his presence as he walks forward with the plate of food. Beside Kota, the being Fate materializes. Izuku's wide, green eyes meet the mischievous, amber ones that are narrowed at him. A smirk on his face. Izuku glances over at Kota who is giving him the stink eye. He clears his throat. "I brought you some food."

Why the hell is he doing here? Fate better not doing anything to give himself away. Well, if he does scare the green bean away then I'll be thankful. "I don't want it! How did you even find me?"

"I followed your footsteps. Um, are you okay?"

"Other than being his moody self, I think he is. After all, everyone goes through an emo phase-just, he's going through it quite early, don't you think?"

The two of them glare at the Persona. Izumi is just side glances at him while Midoriya looks straight at him. He shakes his head a tiny bit before turning back to Kota. "I apologize for bothering you," he murmurs as he moves forward. "I heard about your parents—"

"Did Mandalay—?"

"No. I figured it out. You show signs of having lost someone, Mandalay just told me about her cousins. I put two and two together. It's terrible losing someone."

Kota glares at him, scoffing. He doesn't want to hear it and he doesn't care. "Quirks, heroes, it's all stupid. You heroes are so dumb throwing your lives out like it's nothing! You talk about your quirks and show off. Idiots.Now leave! Get out of my secret base!"

"You're right."

"What?" He didn't expect that, most would've argued with him. They would've said how disrespectful he is for downgrading heroics. He is always chastised for it by any hero that he meets. Why is this one telling him that he's right? He would've been able to handle all of that, but someone agreeing with him? That-he doesn't know how to respond to it.