Chapter Fifteen

So um, yeah. This chapter is okay. People thought I was going to kill Iida off, kind of wanted to and kind of did but at the same time not. I guess. Um, yeah. Don't kill me? This is somewhat short.

The cover of the night can help one with moving around and not getting caught. The howling wind can help cover up any noise. That much is known. That is why the attacks are always at night. It's easier to get through with anything like stalking someone. A lot of murders and kidnappings happen that way, it's simple and barely anyone will see a thing. The lights of the city can help with a bit of visual, but sometimes it's never enough. Hell is empty and all the devils are here. William Shakespeare. How has one man sum up the earth in nine words such as these? A man who lived a long time ago with a way with words and works made famous. How one can even deny such truth, shall remain a mystery. These devils with minds so complex take advantage of the beautiful night. Such a shame that the devils walk the streets in disguises of human skin, eyes that hold the same depth of a human's soul with emotions that can lure their victim, and sickly sweet voices that twists and turns the words of poison that beckons for the young victim to follow and let these devils to lead them to their end. If there is a way to identify these devils, then maybe one day such heinous crimes will come to a stop. Wishful thinking. If they haven't stopped in over many millennia, what makes one think they'll stop? This has been engraved in the world—cruelly carved into human minds with a blade of the purest metals that the devils can hide and not be found out.

  The preying on the weak and innocent, it's something that Izuku never understands. Why does a person kill? That is the question that has never been answered, and it's a question that can never be answered. The human mind is complex and very, very complicated. It's first emotion that it sends out is curiosity due to a situation one can be placed in. Is that the first emotion we feel when we are born? Are we curious since creation? Does that mean our minds yearn to know—to want and to take information or is it on a few cases? While he contemplates the situation, he sends a new report to the police before going outside. Is it always the mind's first instinct to attain knowledge or is there something else? Something that people haven't thought of? While we want to attain knowledge, is it possible the drive for it cause us to go insane? That we have to take it no matter how it's earned?

  If anyone could read his mind, they may drown from the onslaught waves of thinking. He switches between new information faster than switching tabs on a computer. They might even go mad from it—is it possible that that be a torture? The constant stream of thoughts isn't good for an unprepared brain. He's ponders the information that Gran Torino gave him about his usage of his quirk. I let my admiration for All Might shackle me? That's why I can't use it well. There's something else, but he hasn't figured it out. I myself don't know what it might be. Izuku stares at the walls and he thinks, "What if I try to replicate Torino's movements?" His mind—his brain whirls with various of ideas that he can try, never relenting in their assault of his mind. The more intelligent one is, the more their mind and sanity suffers with the onslaught of ideas, thoughts, memories, knowledge.

A couple walking by quickens their pace when they hear the struggling in the alley. They believe not to get wrapped up in it at all. The devils that roam the night, they want nothing to do with them. The cover of darkness, they may not even see the attack coming so the best thing is to keep on.

Come morning, Gran Torino sees the state his student was in. He looks as if he battled with Death itself and didn't win. "Whoa kid, what happened to you?"

"I tried to work with One for All last night. It didn't work. I'm surprised I didn't break any bones so that's a plus." He drops himself onto the couch while Torino is opening the package he received. A new microwave since he broke the last one yesterday. "All night and no progress. A new revelation but it's irrelevant. My mind works too much," he mutters in the cushions is while his arms and legs fly up at random moments to emphasize his words.