Chapter Twenty-Five

So I'm pretty sure there is out of characterness on Aizawa's end in this chapter but eh. The next chapter is the one you want to read, it holds a lot of information about a lot of things. So yeah!

Continuing from their last battle, Bakugou and All Might are fighting once again. It pisses him off that Katsuki doesn't seem to learn. Izuku just needs to pass the gate and everything will end. He continues to struggle underneath the railing, agitating his hip. He finally gets it off. Full Cowl: 10%! He lets the light crackle off his body and he runs. Faster than before, stronger than before. He hits the alleyways and scales the walls to get onto a roof. This gives him a vantage point. He can watch for All Might and be able to search for the gate. Five seconds. There! He roof jumps, avoiding the ground attacks from All Might who is now preoccupied by the explosive teen. He doesn't care what Bakugou thinks, he just doesn't care. He needs to pass. Attacking blindly will only waste time. He doesn't mean that All Might is stronger—he just needs a plan and he'll be set, but no! His ego won't stop him enough to think clearly! Midoriya's train of thought is disrupted when he slips off the roof after dodging an attack, but it doesn't matter, he's able to catch himself with the tip of the scythe; he cries out from jostling his shoulder. The ground seems to be too far, swaying and his vision tilting from the jolt of pain. Nausea rises but it's pushed back down, swinging himself to safety.

He'll have to run on the ground then. He can't take another fall like that. He'll have to scale another building soon to make sure he's going in the right direction. If he keeps to this side of the buildings, he should be fine.

Bakugou clicks his tongue when he saw him run. That coward! He better not do what I think he will! Or I'll kill him! The blond uses his gauntlets, creating a large blast. With the blast, he destroys a part of a building.

"I never thought heroes were cowards," he taunts, laughing that booming laugh to which echos and travels. "Nor did I think, heroes risk hurting civilians. You'll never be a hero." He pauses, knowing exactly what is wrong. "This is about Midoriya's progress, isn't it? You don't like that he's progressing more than you."

Bakugou scowls deeply. He is not going to to let him get in his head. The blond is really not taking this anymore—his throat is burning from the acid that had be basically forced out after a harsh punch to the stomach. He is not going to lose. He forces himself to get up, ignoring the screams of his arms. The world tilted, but he focuses on his anger instead of exhaustion. In frustration, he watches as All Might turns his back on him  and moves to go after to where Midoriya is, but before he can, a robotic voice cuts through the air:

"Bakugou and Midoriya: Pass!"

"No! That bastard!" He rasps out, growling lowly. He won't take this in stride. That bastard ruined his chance to beat All Might. "I will kill him! I'm going to kill him! He ruined everything!"

  "Young Midoriya, you didn't," he whispers in shock. He did not see this outcome happening; he is sure that none of the teachers had seen this outcome happening since most of Shouta's plans never fail. "You wouldn't have left a teammate. So why?"

  They meet up at the bus, his mask and hood down. He's gripping his shoulder tightly, shaking as he to the vehicle. He doesn't get far when Katsuki comes behind him and blasts his back. He's pissed off with the stunt he pulled and he's going to give him a piece of his mind. He sends another blast, ignoring the cry of pain that comes from the shitty need as he stumbles forward a little and All Might's warning. "You coward! How dare you—?"

  "Shut up!" Blooming white rage is all he feels, overtaking his pain. The rage falls onto him like a boulder over a cliff, crashing down onto him and breaking him. He is done. This is gone too far and he is tired. In retaliation, Izuku reaches up to scratch at the boy's face, following it up with a punch to the same patch of injured skin. Izuku ignores the pained look on Bakugou's face as the injury bleeds. This needs to be said. He isn't waiting for anyone to say a damn thing anymore. "You were going into that battle without a damn plan and you yell at me for trying to help! What else was I supposed to do? You wouldn't listen to a word I was saying! If that was a real battle, you would've died alongside your partner and the civilians you are trying to protect. You need to learn that your actions have fucking consequences, Katsuki! People will leave you if you don't clean your attitude up. They'll leave you to die like I just did."