Chapter Forty-Six

I have a surprise this chapter!!!! Hope y'all enjoy it.

Also, I am happy to tell y'all this arc will be soon ending next chapter.

The darkness that surrounds, no one wants to constantly be in it. When you're only floating in nothingness for however long and aware of it, it starts to mess with your head. The constant thoughts that stream past you like a harsh current, pulling you away from the riverbed and keeping you from finding the bottom while letting the water drown you. It's a harsh experience, being inside your mind and being surrounded by a harsh darkness. Midoriya is stuck in the current, paralyzed. He tries to move, but it's all in vain. Seeing that he has no other choice, he allows himself to be swept up by the river. His eyes closed, his body goes under the water, and he is taken by the current.

  Izuku wakes up to a familiar dull-colored room with the paint peeling and just seeming as if the life had been sucked out of it. "Not again," he mutters as he gets to his feet, rubbing his head. He walks out of the room in search for Death, but it doesn't lead to the hospital or to the classroom or to his own living room. The door leads him into an enormous room for which it takes a moment for him to gather his thoughts on where he is. The accommodation looks like one of those old gothic ballrooms. Dark hardwood floors, arches over the numerous doors, walls painted a black with murals of different colors. A stage decorates the front of the room, stained glass windows framed by midnight purple curtains with sun-kissed gold embroidery that depicts beautiful stories of history. Balconies made of iron look over the dance floor for the observers who care not if dancing but to gossip, overlook the guests.

  "What is this place?" he questions with a frown, listening to his voice echo throughout the empty ballroom.

  "Welcome Izuku." His Persona stands a few feet away. The cloak signifying the reaper to be male at the moment. "This is my palace in the Underworld."

  "Yo-your palace?" He hadn't known about the palace since Death never speaks of the Underworld or their home. Then again, he has never asked. Why act like Death will tell him anything if he never asks questions?

  "Yes, one of the many rooms. This is my favorite one out of all of them."

"I might've missed something, but it doesn't matter since I have a question." A small roll of the hand gestures him to go on. "Why am I here?"

"I have to speak with you and you're comatose at the moment. I can't wake you even if I tried. Well, Sloth's child can, but he won't be allowed in your room. The hospital has quite the security, and I do not think that Sloth's child will be all too willing to do that. It won't be good if he messes up."

Izuku stares at Death for a moment, a frown on his face as he thinks about what to say. Finally, he gathers his thoughts, opening his mouth. "How-How many other Champions are there around here?"

"Oh, a lot. That's why after you retire from being a silly little hero, you will be relocated to another country. Of course, you can come and visit Japan whenever you want," he says as he pushes back the hood to reveal the Reaper's signature white, cracked skull with the permanent smile. His mouth doesn't move as he speaks but it's still coherent. "And there's an annual convention you'll be allowed to attend to meet the other Champions. Many around here are actually near your age. You've met a few but you haven't been able to pick up their aura. Which reminds me, I need to teach you how to do that in a bit. It will come in handy in the future."

"But that isn't what you want to talk to me about, is it?"

  If bone could form facial expressions, the permanent smile would have changed to a grim one. "No, it isn't. Hikawa—"